[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Merrily filling out the missing ranks!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Okay, I've been filling out the list tonight, down to Ryleh -- so a few more to go. If anyone gets that or any of the ones below, let me know! Otherwise I'll finish tomorrow night.

(I mean I've done Atlantis, Ryleh's next on the list going down.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Hm, seems to be a bug: I received the expected email that Ys had called an end to the game, and then a twelve hour alert about 40 minutes later that the next turn was coming up -- and then fifteen minutes after that a notice for Turn 3!  :o

(For what it's worth, alerts from this forum often come late or not at all; possibly the problem is some quirk in my email system.)

JasonPratt

All right, I'm about to try sending in all Pretenders, including Pangaea (originally Nef's), except for of course the human player factions (besides myself) and the C'tis (since Ysk tested sending them in to revert them to AI).

Presumably what I'll do is start the turn for each of them and resign to them to AI manually? Or should that be done from the admin board? (And, um, how do I get to the admin board again? I've slept several times since the last time I admin'd.) I should probably do it manually, since doing it from the admin board might risk nixing my email address from the game?

(Note the tentativeness of these questions.  O:-) )

JasonPratt

Uh oh. I copy-pasted All_Hail_Grogdom, just as I did before, but when I sent my Caelum pretender (which is configured as a disciple of course), Llamaserver pinged me back with:

QuoteYour 2h file appears to be for a game the LlamaServer doesn't know about - perhaps you sent the wrong one?

???

Jamus, you and Ysk didn't have any problems? In fact you submitted two, right Ysk, one (C'tis) being a Pretender you plan to resign over to AI?

JasonPratt

And yet the Pretender I sent for Abyssia turned out fine. Weird.

JasonPratt

I send Agartha, too, fine.

I send Caelum again, this time adding a _0 before the .2h, since it seems to be missing for some reason -- still fails.

JasonPratt

In what seems to be completely random, the file I originally sent, which I happened to still have archived attached to that email, worked fine.

What. Ev. Er. It worked that way. Onward.

jamus34

Mine went through no problem.

No idea what may have been the issue.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

New problem #1: It called the Bakamano pretender the Shinuyama pretender. Probably not important.

Problem #2: After I sent the Bandar Log pretender, the slots were closed. Is there a maximum of twelve slots?! I haven't verified, but I feel like I remember we had more (indeed a full roster) in our first forum game...?

Man (this Yskonen)
C'tis (this was Ys' AI submission)
Jotunheim (this is Jamus)
Ulm (this is Mkivcs)
Abysia
Agartha
Caelum (this is me)
Arcoscephale
Asphodel
Atlantis
Shinuyama (actually Bakamano faction)
Bandar Log

Yskonyn

12 slots is correct, but I can open more if we want!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Well, yes, I thought we Grogs were going to be teaming up against a full suite of factions we didn't take (whether they're on their own teams or independent of each other).

But in any case, I've accidentally blocked out Beowulf, who was going to play Vanheim! -- that needs to be fixed one way or another.  :-[

JasonPratt

Also, because no one told me how to link masters and disciples together, I made all the AI pretenders without distinction between masters and disciples. For that matter, I don't know how we're supposed to link up with you as your disciples!

Maybe once I log in as an admin to the game, I'll find instructions on this...

JasonPratt

Okay, I have put on a larger map (Glory of the Gods, which is a normal large map), and increased pretenders beyond 24 (100 being the next option up -- but don't worry, we'll only have 30 total).

I'll pick up putting AI pretenders in soon. If anyone wants to contribute an AI pretender, now's the time!