[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Okay, all AI pretenders submitted (but if someone wants to put in their own AI pretender for a faction, you can still do so -- it'll just overwrite the pretender already there for that faction).

All the pretenders have been accepted.

I've also emailed and pmailed Beowulf to see if he's still going to do the game, and if so it's time for him to re-upload his pretender. We'll give that a couple of days.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Beowulf

Got the e-mail. Thank you for the reminder. I resent mine just now.

JasonPratt

Okay, I think this is the point where Ys or I set teams? -- I noticed this in the admin tools. Will experiment with that when I get a chance. I might have to recreate and resubmit pretenders to make this work...  :-"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

I *think* it doesnt matter wether you created a disciple or a pretender and we can just assign it in Llama.
Does every human player have his desired pretender up?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

According to the list, yes; and all other slots should be filled -- we should have a total of 30 pretenders in the list. Beowulf's will need to be added to our team.

JasonPratt

Argh, too wiped tonight to do much but shoot some things occasionally. Will be very busy at work tomorrow, perhaps tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

Yskonyn

I am out for the weekend as well, so dont start yet OR make the interval like three days.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I'm perfectly fine with setting the interval to a week or longer. That doesn't mean we have to take a week -- we could take three hours! It's just a safety backstop in case an emergency happens and emails / pmails / thread posts don't get sent out to the admins in time to put a hold on the gameclock.

Yskonyn

that would fit my schedule nicely. :P

jamus34

I'm guessing we're not doing this based on the email I received, no?
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

It's my fault. I'm busy on other games and keep forgetting we have to assign the enemy into teams.  :-[

JasonPratt

Okay, here are the teams, I hope!

Team 1: (us: the iron giants and their parrots  :D )
Man (Pretender)
Caelum
Jotunheim
Vanheim
Ulm

Team 2: (Sea AI Team 1)
R'lyeh (Pretender)
Xibalba
Atlantis

Team 3: (Sea AI Team 2)
Ys (Pretender)
Pelagia
Oceania

Team 4: (Underblood AI Team 3)
Abysia (Pretender)
Mictlan
Vanarus
Agartha
Nazca

Team 5: (Crumbling Empire AI Team 4)
Arcoscephale (Pretender)
Ermor
Marignon
Sceleria
Pythium
C'tis

Team 6:(Wildblood AI Team 5)
Asphodel (Pretender)
Ashdod
Machaka
Pangaea
Bandar Log

Team 7: (Doomed Civilization Team 6)
Shinuyama (Pretender)
T'ien Ch'i
Eriu

JasonPratt

All right: all players should be getting alerts. I think Ys will be getting two, and he'll have to turn C'Tis over to the AI (that was his AI pretender contribution). I'll be getting a ton, and will have to load them up individually and "resign" to turn them over to the AI. I think. This could take a while.

(Note to self: DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY RESIGN CAELUM, kthxbi.  ::) )

JasonPratt

Annnnnd... Dom4 needs patching. Those who have it on Steam will know this already; mine isn't, needs work. Hopefully this doesn't somehow break the game setup.

JasonPratt

Argh, gnashing teeth... patching didn't help. Game crashes anyway as though game is out of date.

Let me know if anyone else's turns are getting through!