Steam Winter Sale 2016

Started by BanzaiCat, December 14, 2016, 06:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

I've read a few reports that the Steam Winter Sale begins December 22 and runs through January 2, 2017.

According to this site:
QuoteValve rarely confirms the timings of its Steam Sales in advance, but the date of the Steam Winter Sale – you could also think of it as the Steam Holiday Sale, if you wanted to be really PC – appears to have leaked.

According to a posting on NeoGAF (which EuroGamer claims to have independently verified), the Steam Winter Sale will kick-off this year on December 22 and run through January 2.

Recently, Valve has broken with previous form and ditched 'Flash deals' during its Steam Sales, so it's worth knowing (or at least educatedly guessing...) that the price drops you see on December 22 are as good as you'll see the rest of the year and into 2017.

That's no bad thing, though, as along with the Steam Summer Sale, the Winter Sale is generally regarded as one of the two 'big ones', with the Halloween and Autumn Sales usually playing third and fourth fiddle.

In 2015, the Steam Winter Sale also got under way on December 22 and ran for a similar period, so this leak looks pretty good to us.

We'll be sure to keep this page updated with all the latest information as it becomes available.

A few other sites confirm these same dates. And if the above is true, that would be nice that there is no 'flash sale' nonsense good for only 24 hours or whatever period of time.

I don't think there's anything I'm really wanting, though I'm hoping the Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 DLC is all on sale. Not that they're not cheap now (something like three to five bucks apiece), but there's eight or nine DLC for that game, and that adds up.

I have 114 games on my Steam wishlist but most of them I look at now and think, "Why did I add that?" or, "I added that?"

bbmike

I'm hoping Drywall Simulator 2016 is at least half price. And I will pick up all of the DLC for Watching Paint Dry 2015 when it goes on sale.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I'd call your comment out for being BS, bbmike, but somehow it would NOT surprise me if those two titles actually existed.

bbmike

 ;D As far as I know they don't. I'm just amused by all of the 'Simulator' games out there these days.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Can't figure the appeal to those.  Knew a guy who, after a full day at Tech School, would rush back to his room so he could do Farming Simulator until the wee hours of the morning.

You should have seen his eyes light up when I showed him the full range of "Simulator," games available, whoo boy.

Toonces

#5

NICE!

:bd:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Thanks for the smart-ass reply! I obviously missed JD's post. Glad I was able to get your day off to SUCH a great start, Commander.

Toonces

#7
 :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

his watch is weighing him down today, and the weather is prob sub Hawaiian standard and there's no surf - makes toonces a snarky boy

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 14, 2016, 07:13:33 AM
Can't figure the appeal to those.  Knew a guy who, after a full day at Tech School, would rush back to his room so he could do Farming Simulator until the wee hours of the morning.

You should have seen his eyes light up when I showed him the full range of "Simulator," games available, whoo boy.
Farming Simulator (as are some of the other simulator games) are really rather engrossing - at least for a time. They're "empire building" in a very basic, repetitive and yet enjoyable way.

I had Farming Simulator 201? (13 I think). Got it for my daughter because there were animals in it. Started to play it myself and it was rather enjoyable. I wouldn't pay full price for one.

I dip into Euro and American Truck Simulator and Train Simulator every now and again. They're installed and have been for quite some time. They're just easy to fire up and progress your empire.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

FarAway Sooner

I always enjoyed the "Single-Cell Organism Simulator" games myself.

I actually liked the Flash Sales, because they were deeper and added an element of suspense.  There are a few titles I'm looking at this year that had decent discounts during the Fall sale, so those are on the short list for Christmas (Stellaris, DC: Barbarossa, Thea: The Awakening).

jamus34

I played the "pour the clear liquid into a 1.5 oz glass and watch it disappear" while playing Heroes of the Storm last night.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

I definitely plan to flesh out my ck2 collection.  I think there might be a couple total war dlc's I'm missing as well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

We need a "Grogheads Simulator". A game where, you know, brilliant, beautiful people come together and argue whether the world will end by the 'Pun- Apocalypse' or by 'Attack of the Clone Boobies'. I would buy it if my character in the simulator did. And it's on sale.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

The world will end from a massive strike by a Deep Space Dongle.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus