Main Menu

FRIDAY on my mind

Started by Pete Dero, December 16, 2016, 03:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 18, 2016, 11:31:28 PM
Who's your King? Vince Lombard-y?  :DD







We just got slashed by Slashy.

MetalDog

Fired up two games I haven't played in many a moon.  My regular Civ partner got tired of getting his ass handed to him by the AI, so, he suggested Warlock.  I was more than willing to oblige.

I also put Medieval 2 Total War on the hard drive.  I'm in a short campaign, hold 15 Regions and eliminate Portugal and the Moors.  Was building my base when France started declaring on me.  The second time, they brought Portugal into the war, too.  And right in the middle of that second war, the Pope called a Crusade.  A lull in the fighting allowed me to send a Crusader army.  After a 6 month siege, Antioch fell to the Spanish forces.  Trying now to upgrade my forces to take Bordeaux.  The Pope will reward me with 2500 Florins if I do.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hofstadter

Trying to plow through the simple CMANO scenarios so I can do the CMANO LIVE series for youtube.

I am also debating doing some tutorial videos on the game, since the baloogan series is...kinda lacking IMO
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Anguille

Quote from: bbmike on December 17, 2016, 01:34:50 PM
I took Martok's advice and started playing Stellaris again. I think I'm hooked.  :D
Oh no...you fell for the dark side!  ;)

Guess the Star Trek mod for Horizon is back on hold?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Hofstadter on December 19, 2016, 07:23:31 AM
Trying to plow through the simple CMANO scenarios so I can do the CMANO LIVE series for youtube.

I am also debating doing some tutorial videos on the game, since the baloogan series is...kinda lacking IMO

Great idea - I'm not sure they're lacking more that they're just old

Gusington

Careful MD - The Pope in Medieval 2 is like Ghandi in Civ...a right bastard.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Anguille on December 19, 2016, 07:25:59 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 17, 2016, 01:34:50 PM
I took Martok's advice and started playing Stellaris again. I think I'm hooked.  :D
Oh no...you fell for the dark side!  ;)

Guess the Star Trek mod for Horizon is back on hold?

No, but it is getting slowed a bit with the holidays.  ;)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

I enjoyed playing Spain more in Medi 2 TW than any other faction. I managed a win in the long campaign but, it's really tough in the beginning fighting-off the Moors and watching your back with the Frenchies and a couple of times I was nearly out of the game completely.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 19, 2016, 10:09:07 AM
I enjoyed playing Spain more in Medi 2 TW than any other faction. I managed a win in the long campaign but, it's really tough in the beginning fighting-off the Moors and watching your back with the Frenchies and a couple of times I was nearly out of the game completely.


Moors to the left of me, Frogs to the right.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 18, 2016, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 16, 2016, 06:24:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2016, 09:07:56 AM
Playing through a new Age of  Charlemagne campaign as the Lombards. About 35 turns in and really enjoying it so far. Will also be reading up on Knights of Honor and maybe start a campaign there, as well as the new medieval/fantasy RTS that I just picked up at Steam on sale for about 3 dollah - the name of the which escapes me right now...:/

Super!!!  Playing some Invisible and maybe some Graviteam!

  Turned out that I'm working on / playing a CMANO scenario: UK versus a CIA coup in the United Arab Republic (Egypt and Syria) in 1958.  The UK doesn't know they are fighting the CIA so its UK/Soviets vs US/UAR and both sides are going to use nukes ASAP on Crete and Cyprus and maybe Libya (the UK had large forces in Libya in the late 1950s).

  And then some Ironclads II: Pacific War.  Very restful and ironclad-free so far.  My two little Chilean gunboats were pretty much obliterated in a few minutes by two big, fast steamers zooming along at 12 knots versus me chugging at 6.8.  Bang!  Bang!  My boats got all sooty and sank.

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2016, 09:05:28 AM
Careful MD - The Pope in Medieval 2 is like Ghandi in Civ...a right bastard.

The funny thing is I usually play the Holy Roman Empire in M2.  I expand into Italy quickly and then the Pope cobbles together some sort of Sicily/Venice/Milan/Hungary/Poland alliance and it all goes to pot.  I was hoping to avoid that by playing Spain :(


Quote from: Nefaro on December 19, 2016, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 19, 2016, 10:09:07 AM
I enjoyed playing Spain more in Medi 2 TW than any other faction. I managed a win in the long campaign but, it's really tough in the beginning fighting-off the Moors and watching your back with the Frenchies and a couple of times I was nearly out of the game completely.


Moors to the left of me, Frogs to the right.


Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Years ago I think there were at least 1 or 2 mods that allow the player to control the Papacy in M2...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Setting the east ablaze, 8th century style. Gonna turn all that orange Lombard Red  :coolsmiley:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2016, 08:03:57 PM
Years ago I think there were at least 1 or 2 mods that allow the player to control the Papacy in M2...


Know who controls the Papacy? ....







:))

MetalDog

Does anybody know how I can get experience safely for my merchants in Medieval 2 TW?  Every one of my merchants have been gooched by someone else's merchant and 550 Florins a pop ain't cheap to keep putting them back in the field.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob