"Feeling Old" 2017 Edition

Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

My cousin's husband had a stroke a week ago Monday. My cousin had a stroke a week ago Wednesday. My little dog closed out the week by having a stroke a week ago Friday. It's hell getting old! :(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Staggerwing

Jeez Greybriar- I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they all have a decent recovery.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Greybriar

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2017, 07:00:07 AM
Jeez Greybriar- I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they all have a decent recovery.

As of last night, my cousin is home, her husband will be in rehab for a couple more weeks, and my dog is nearly back to normal.

Thanks for your concern.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Labbug

Knowing that you are old, is getting in the mail advertisements on burial spaces, mausoleum entombment, cremation options, cremation niches, and a pre-arranged funeral with low monthly payment plans.

Greybriar

Quote from: Labbug on July 29, 2017, 09:25:28 AM
Knowing that you are old, is getting in the mail advertisements on burial spaces, mausoleum entombment, cremation options, cremation niches, and a pre-arranged funeral with low monthly payment plans.

And getting mail advertisements and telemarketing calls trying to persuade you to buy supplemental health insurance plans.

Barthheart

Quote from: Greybriar on July 29, 2017, 12:05:47 PM
Quote from: Labbug on July 29, 2017, 09:25:28 AM

And getting mail advertisements and telemarketing calls trying to persuade you to buy supplemental health insurance plans.

And real estate sales people " Isn't time you down sized?"  >:(

bayonetbrant

Cinderella released Night Songs 31 years ago today

[yt]https://youtu.be/1-UAv5w2mKM[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

And I'd forgotten about for 31 years until you brought it up again.  :buck2:

BanzaiCat

It's hard to believe glam rock was not just a thing, but an acceptable thing, once.

MetalDog

You can blame:

36 years ago today, MTV launched.  And this is the first thing they played

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

And to celebrate, MTV is doing away with Moon Man and replacing with Moon Person. That way it can be male, female, trans, or whatever else.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Don't forget that Night Flight beat MTV onto the air by almost 2 months.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

MetalDog

Nickelodeon even had a Saturday night video show.  But, Night Flight was the bomb all on its own.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak