"Feeling Old" 2017 Edition

Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

You could see it in the North, too.  WTBS was on all the cable systems up there ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Yeah, we could get it up here in the Great White North.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on August 02, 2017, 08:03:01 AM
Yeah, we could get it up here in the Great White North.

You are NOT the Great White North.  L:-)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

That's "Take off eh! Ya Hoser"

See you don't even speak the language.

mirth

bayonetbrant

30 years ago today, Def Leppard releases Hysteria, the soundtrack to my high school years...

[yt]https://youtu.be/xLUnBzSBMjg[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

So THAT'S what's wrong with you?!  It explains a lot.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2017, 07:01:23 PM
So THAT'S what's wrong with you?!  It explains a lot.

you make it sound like it's only one thing...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I saw Def Leppard in concert just a couple of years ago and it was a great show.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

My oldest living 1st cousin (not the one who had the stroke) died this morning. Now there are only seven 1st cousins left on my father's side of the family. I am the third oldest.

It's sort of like waiting in the dentist office to get a tooth pulled except it's much, much worse. :(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MetalDog

Sorry for you and your familys loss, Greybriar.

Staggerwing

Grey briar, I'm sorry to hear of your cousin's passing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Our condolences, Greybriar... :(

trailrunner

Quote from: Greybriar on August 02, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

It's sort of like waiting in the dentist office to get a tooth pulled except it's much, much worse. :(

My friend and I were talking about our parents' declining health.  His father had just died, and I've been dealing with my mother's health issues.  My friend said "the scary thing is that we're on deck and up to bat next."