Main Menu

Lost My FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, February 03, 2017, 01:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hofstadter



Next in Hof's hipster library of music, we have French post metal. The french do the best metal out there, I love the singer here, Audrey Sylvain, she also sings in Peste Noire. Deathspell Omega, Alcest, peste noire, blut aus nord, baise ma hache, celeste. Endless list.

For gaming this weekend, probably going to shell out for RE7, because I do love being a sadist to myself. Got SWAT 4, its endlessly fun to tell your team members to pepper spray and throw stinger grenades at civilians.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Pete Dero

I'm no stranger to (death) metal but this is a bit to much 'post' for me ...
(why has this the same effect on me as free jazz ? : makes me go  :crazy2:  :pullhair:)

Probably Elite Dangerous for me this weekend (and some Slayer/Nightwish to calm down again  :)))

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 03, 2017, 04:27:23 AM
I'm no stranger to (death) metal but this is a bit to much 'post' for me ...
(why has this the same effect on me as free jazz ? : makes me go  :crazy2:  :pullhair:)

Probably Elite Dangerous for me this weekend (and some Slayer/Nightwish to calm down again  :)))

  MAybe some space gaming in the form of Stellaris.  Maybe some heroes and Generals (but now that I'm reasobably good at the game, I'll probably start looking for another FPS and get really bad for a while)...once I start walking down the middle of the roads picking off snipers and shooting parachutists out of the sky...I gotta play another game and get sniped over and over and over.  Musically, I will be playing some ancient CDs made long ago when I subscribed to many primitive music things on the interwebs...From somewhere in scena, deus ex machina, good morning Christina...

Nefaro

I may begin learning the MiG-21 in DCS this weekend.


Although I'm in a bit of a gaming funk right now.  May end up cranking music while painting minis, or doing some solitaire tabletop stuff, tuning everything else out.  :cowboy:

Nefaro

Or maybe I'll feel like shooting at people whilst having a little whiskey (World Of Warships with the usual accomplices).

That mood can pop up at any time.  :arr:

Dammit Carl!

Nifty music choice.  Always loves ze metal.

At any rate, I'm looking at a tear-down of the final two pieces of a set of furniture for a complete overhaul so that's the bulk of my weekend gone.

Otherwise, I've been grooving on Insurgency with both the Born to Kill Vietnam mod and the standalone version of Day of Infamy.  There is talk of a Rise of Flight interest with my gaming group, so time to haul the joystick back out and get whacked that way.

-I wish the newer WW2 shooters would get away from "Day of..." as their title as it get confusing, but that's just me-

Have fun, gents, and party on!

Gusington

25 hours in to Metal Gear Solid V and then only 8 percent complete...I must really suck at this.

Once I hit 10% I am thinking of Door Kickers, SWAT 4 and Alien Isolation.

Resident Evil 7 also caught my eye - reviews are solid.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

DCS Viggen
Empyrion - Galactic Survival (new obsession)
Star Wars: Empire At War with a juicy mod or two

i may also attempt to get Jane's F/A-18 Super Hornet with THS 4.02 up and running. May prove futile on a win 10 machine... :pullhair:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Will be restarting my endless space 2 campaign after a bug or 2 popped up - early access problems - the happiness or should I say unhappiness goes haywire if you're a dictatorship and enough senate members aren't represented in parliament - hot fix came out last night

And long war 2 - just fine tuning the base building and then I'll start properly

Sir Slash

Still plugging-away at the Abbey of the Fallen Moon in PoE's White March. Damn these Abbey-Enemies are a Bitch to beat even after revamping my tactics, equipment, and party. And they've learned a new trick,  now they call to each other for help. So you start fighting a few and before you know it, there's a whole Kardashian-Load of them coming at you. YIKES!!!!  :hide:  Have a good weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I might have stumbled, half-unintentionally, into an early win against ArizonaTank in our Fire in the Lakes team game. Hopefully he'll get around to seeing if he can deflect it in time.

Long War 2 continues no doubt. Also, I finally installed LW1 on my Surface (so that my main computer can still do EU multiplayer matches if that ever comes up).

Plinking along on Mechwarrior Online, trying to figure out why I have made no forward progress past 66% toward Tier 4 since my first 25 cadet-bonus missions. Haven't spent actual money on the game yet.

Some friends of mine keep bouncing around various FTP games -- recently picked up Heroes of the Storm so likely will be doing a little of that.

Asid and I played a nice little co-op game of Scourge of War: Waterloo the other night, and I should be getting into that more soon.

...oh, right, I was supposed to be helping prep a Christmas 2016 Groghead forum co-op game of Dominions 4! Note to self, finish setting that up before Easter...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 03, 2017, 12:41:16 PM

Some friends of mine keep bouncing around various FTP games -- recently picked up Heroes of the Storm so likely will be doing a little of that.


...oh, right, I was supposed to be helping prep a Christmas 2016 Groghead forum co-op game of Dominions 4! Note to self, finish setting that up before Easter...

Hit me up on HOTS if you wish; ID is the same here. I'm by no means an expert but always looking for friendlies to team up with.

And looking forward to the start (restart) of the Dom 4 game  O0
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I'm just thankful I finally finished drizzling out the end of the dwarven LOTRBFME2ROTWK campaign. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Hof's recent video post of a Command Ops game motivated me to get back into that excellent game this weekend.  I enjoy Hof's video posts but his music choices leave me feeling like a nine-inch spike was hammered into my brain.   ^-^

JasonPratt

NINE INCH SPIKE would be the name of my new death-post post-death alterna-metal prog band. It would be like "Nine Inch Nails" but different.

Kidding aside, yeah his ComOps2 video makes me wonder if the system has bottom-up flexibility as well as top-down. In other words, we can hand off as much micro to the AI as we want while we concentrate on as broad of the macro strokes as we want. But can we do something like Take Command/Scourge of War where we assign ourselves a platoon command (or something similarly small) and just work on following AI orders while our allied AI takes care of, not only the other micro, but also all the macro levels above our command?

I ask because that seems like it would be the most effective way to learn the system. Rather like, y'know, how officers actually go up in the ranks. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!