Main Menu

Panzer Corps 2

Started by jomni, March 08, 2017, 06:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Jarhead0331

Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 06:58:43 AM
Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Guess just like how Panzer General became 3D.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on March 08, 2017, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 06:58:43 AM
Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Guess just like how Panzer General became 3D.

Yeah...that one didn't work out too well, if I recall. Hopefully, this one will succeed
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Destraex

Interesting.... I found that game strangely addictive if not very logical. WEGO this time around?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FlickJax

I will buy no choice on this one, bought them all from Panzer General.

JasonPratt

#6
...sooooo, Order of Battle won't be Matrislitherine's Panzer General engine flagship going forward?

Whatev. I already own PKorps. I refuse to be excited by this until and unless I see what these ambitions are supposed to be. Calling it "a new story" does not bode well: it's clearly WW2 in Europe/Medii-East again. Does everyone drop what they're doing early to fight an invasion of dark elves from a hollow Earth coming down from the North Pole?!?

(Edited to add: I'm cranky about this, I guess, because I see a bunch of marketing bs and that's all I have to go on about whether I'm supposed to be interested. Too soon: start marketing when you have something to actually market for distinguishing why PKorps should be rebought anytime soon.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bobarossa

The entire video could be summed up as "blah, blah, blah".  Unreal engine is only info of importance.

IronX

These videos that only show only theme related images, rather than what the game actually looks like, are not particularly useful. I think this is the second one in a week. I tend to fast forward through them.

MikeGER

#9
I hate this marketing mumbo jumbo without not one single second of early-alpha in-game vid footage or at least a simple screen shot  >:(

is there info about new features or just Panzer Corps with a lot of new chrome  ...Slitherine, where is the beef !

Cyrano

To a point made a couple times above, I am surprised that folks who are not giving us DoWIII levels of CG AWESOME think they can get away with teaser videos that don't show game play.

My disappointment in this series and its spinoffs is no secret so I'm certainly not the target audience, but I don't know who, in the YouTube era of gameplay ubiquity, this is supposed to lure...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

-budd-

Not a fan of showing something that pretty much shows nothing game related. Interesting they show that but can't  show a screen shot of the new close combat game that's been in development for awhile.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ghostryder

Kind of surprised with the choice of the unreal Engine---which is basically a FPS engine designed for low overhead languages like LUA. Look how sluggish it is in Xcom II. Add in the long war mod and all that code happening under the hood it just chokes. The engine sucks ram like a vampire.

Windigo

I will agree with your assessment of the unreal engine goatryder and XCOM2. But if it means it allows for passionate creative people to make games... Oh well. I'll take fun and challenging with clunky anytime.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

You're still talking about games with that last statement, right?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd