Warhammer II: Total War

Started by Martok, March 29, 2017, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Well checking out the main site for further info was pretty much pointless.  In the "What we're working on" update from March 17, it sounds like work on both the next Warhammer and next historical title are in full swing, so who knows which of these is being announced next.  There's also mention of a new "Black Ops" Total War team ( ::) ), but it sounds like they've only just begun working on whatever their project is. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2017, 09:52:29 AM
I still don't understand why I am the only one that has questioned why exactly Gus' loins moisten in the first place.
Because you have this rather quaint (but endearing) notion that things around here should make sense?  :D 

Quote from: mirth on March 30, 2017, 09:53:19 AM
You really don't want to think about it too closely.
Or at all, really. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Martok on March 30, 2017, 10:48:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2017, 09:52:29 AM
I still don't understand why I am the only one that has questioned why exactly Gus' loins moisten in the first place.
Because you have this rather quaint (but endearing) notion that things around here should make sense?  :D 

And if you ever find they do make sense, seek professional help immediately.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FarAway Sooner

Some mysteries of the universe are best left unsolved, Jarhead.  Best left unsolved.

I think a title like Total War: Loin Moistener would be better, though.  You want a title that features the player as the protagonist.

fabius

I get enough Warhammer dwarf/goblin fix from Warhammer 1.

So if it's a stand alone Warhammer 2, different races and map that is disjointed from the first it's an initial pass for me. But, if it's joined up mega campaign map to Warhammer 1 then an early buy.

Warhammer 40k would be pre-order.

Doubt we'll get it in the next few releases, but I reckon they will find a way to milk WW2 at some point.

undercovergeek

Quote from: fabius on March 30, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

So if it's a stand alone Warhammer 2, different races and map that is disjointed from the first it's an initial pass for me. But, if it's joined up mega campaign map to Warhammer 1 then an early buy.

Doubt we'll get it in the next few releases, but I reckon they will find a way to milk WW2 at some point.

I think that's the plan for the end of 3

fabius

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2017, 02:51:25 PM
Quote from: fabius on March 30, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

I think that's the plan for the end of 3

Ah I see. When I read somewhere that they plan to stich the campaigns together into a huge 'world' I had assumed with each major release. But maybe they will be separate games with a pay for the stitch together DLC.

Nefaro

Here's your announcement ~~>

spacht

From the Steam page:

"Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total Warâ„¢ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles."

jamus34

Is that loins I hear moistening?
Insert witty comment here.

fabius

Quote from: jamus34 on March 31, 2017, 12:46:20 PM
Is that loins I hear moistening?

At is. I am happy to wait, just glad that a Grand Campaign will be in there soon.

I can see this joined up Grand Campaign approach being applied to their Historical game too.

HoodedHorseJoe

I'm not going to lie, I am disappointed.

Warhammer fantasy doesn't do it for me as an IP. Might pick up TW:W1 on the cheap when it gets discounted enough, but I'm not overly inspired. Was hoping for another historical one but I gather this game has done rather well and I understand the thought process behind going where the money is. This is a trilogy so I imagine they don't want to take too long to knock out 2 & 3.

Bright side is they're doing more work with the narrative campaign systems, which they've been experimenting with since the Napoleon days. Some of their best non-grand campaign work has been in the narrative area, so hopefully the improvements and tools they make for this can be brought into future historical titles. This mega-combo campaign sounds interesting, I'll give them that.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Ian C

After all this time I wonder why they haven't touched WW1 or WW2.  A WW2 total war would rock my boat big time. Grand strategy AND tactical battles. Come on.

fabius

Quote from: Ian C on March 31, 2017, 01:45:07 PM
After all this time I wonder why they haven't touched WW1 or WW2.  A WW2 total war would rock my boat big time. Grand strategy AND tactical battles. Come on.

I would guess that it's coming. Now they effectively have tanks and aircraft in TW WH. And I would guess at more province battles Europe first game....

Next history is supposed to be an untouched TW era. I can't see them doing China, pre-Rome, or non-Western mainstream.

Nefaro

Ick.  Are you serious?

CA couldn't even get the 18th and 19th century lines of muskets to fight properly.  Just asking for disappointment.

More WW2 to be had all over the gaming world without that kind of train wreck.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on March 31, 2017, 02:21:35 PM

Ick.  Are you serious?

CA couldn't even get the 18th and 19th century lines of muskets to fight properly.  Just asking for disappointment.

More WW2 to be had all over the gaming world without that kind of train wreck.

Agreed.

The lethality of weapons post 19th century just do not lend itself to CA's engine.

Insert witty comment here.