FRIDAYS on flame now...with Rock n Roll

Started by MetalDog, April 07, 2017, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 07, 2017, 11:18:26 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 07, 2017, 10:26:53 AM
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJs Dad.... still getting stomped by Germans.  :P
PBEM DC1 with Jason... I need to write up turn 2 and play turn 3... trying to close some pockets.  >:D

Sorry for the delay on those guys I got distracted by shiny!  :D

Heck, I still haven't posted up my 0th and 1st AAR entries. (They're done, I just want to make sure I have permission to use a reference first.) I've started work on Turn 2's AAR last night. So even if I don't get another turn played, I mean to catch up on producing the AARs this weekend. Ideally get them posted up through Turn 3.
Thought you guys forgot about your captive audience. :clap:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

CJReich46

First off MD, \m/ on BÖC and I liked the Winged Hussars video too.

Let's see, working.  :uglystupid2: (I love retail)

So possibly Stellaris, Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom

But I have been watching some streams of Stellaris : Utopia and that has been helping with understanding the mechanics.


" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

I haven't fired up a flight sim in about forever.  I'd like to get some sorties in with BMS Falcon, but since I haven't played it in so long I'm probably going to stick with something simple like Wings Over Flanders Field. 

I'm not sure what else just yet.  Not too much time to game this weekend, unfortunately.  Maybe some Scourge of War: Gettysburg...something I know how to play and don't have to sweat configuring too much.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^No one should be surprised that you haven't fired up a flight sim in some time since you flew military aircraft For Realz.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd


Ubercat

Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2017, 06:56:11 PM
^No one should be surprised that you haven't fired up a flight sim in some time since you flew military aircraft For Realz.

Heh, as a private pilot I've never gotten into flight sims either. I just checked my log book out of curiosity. My last flight was July 22nd, '02!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Ubercat on April 07, 2017, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2017, 06:56:11 PM
^No one should be surprised that you haven't fired up a flight sim in some time since you flew military aircraft For Realz.

Heh, as a private pilot I've never gotten into flight sims either. I just checked my log book out of curiosity. My last flight was July 22nd, '02!

I guess it's a matter of taste. I'm working on my private pilot's license but simming will always be my first choice in games.

Probably spending most of my computer time this weekend installing my new 2TB hard drive and moving data and OSs around. I need the space for IL-2 B.A.T. among other things.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Kushan

Finding myself in a position I haven't been in awhile, too much to play and not enough time. I'm currently in the process of creating Operation El Dorado as a CMANO scenario. I'm a little surprised no has done it yet or at least not that I have seen. Its my first recreation of an actual event and I'm really enjoying it. Finding that its keeping my event and scripting ambitions in check. I have a bad habit of being to ambitious and overthinking my scenarios. Planning on showing it off on my Twitch stream next Saturday with the public release of the scenario hopefully following in the next few weeks.

I'm loving Steel Division. With only 4 divisions and 2 maps in at the moment it is a bit repetitive but I'm still enjoying it. Had a great match earlier. Me and 2 medium AIs as the Allies vs a medium and Easy AI Axis. We came within a hairs breath of losing. While I was concentrating on the middle and right side of the map, I failed to notice the Enemy AI had pushed a bulge down all the way to our side of the map, effectively splitting one of my AI allies off. With my force in the middle heavily engaged I formed a small relief force of new units. Couple of enemy AT guns and artillery with some infantry made it slow going. My infantry got pinned down and the enemy AT guns prevented my armor from supporting effectively. Enemy AI had 2,850 out of 3,000 conquest points when we finally started to push it back. Eventually I was able to break some units from the center, and with the relief force was eventually able to collapse the bulge. Was a hard fight on the left the whole battle, but the AI on the right eventually managed to breakthrough and push north and swing left. Eventually got the win. Was by far the best battle I've seen since I played Wargame ALB, little ironic. Really wish I had been recording so I could upload it. Would have been an awesome impressions video.

Will be doing a Stellaris Utopia MP match for my stream tomorrow. Bound to be some solo Stellaris as well. Messed around a little with the new patch but I had kept thinking about Steel Division so I went and played that which led to the battle above.

Bound to be some more Ghost Recon Wildlands and The Division this weekend as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

FarAway Sooner

Solo Stellaris for me is about it. 

Maybe some Soda Dungeon with my son, too.  That one's a delightful little romp, and simple enough that he can follow it and even do some of the math to figure out which attack combos will kill the most enemies before they get an attack in.

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 07, 2017, 08:33:24 AM
Some of this may be cut short if the weather is nice. I picked up the new DJI Mavic Pro drone that I've been really looking forward to testing.

This deserves its own new AAR thread when enuf experiences with the new drone got collected  O0


...on topic
I plan mostly to play Afghanistan 11 with 1.07 beta patch here, Sunday will be a summer day so activities will be shifted to the outdoors  ...and the decision about taking the plunge of getting Steel Division: Normandy 44 :-[

Martok

For me, it's Stellaris: Utopia and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for me this weekend.  That, and/or possibly some Pillars of Eternity. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I did yard work and now don't want to move, but The U.S. Civil War is staring at me.  Daring me.  Taunting me.  I told it to clean up the miniatures painting table and I'd consider playing.  Its just sitting there...staring....

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

My brain is completely, utterly fried.  I'm so tired of thinking that I can't even think of what to play. 

A board game is out of the question.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

Quote from: Toonces on April 08, 2017, 03:37:07 PM
My brain is completely, utterly fried.  I'm so tired of thinking that I can't even think of what to play. 

A board game is out of the question.

Go start a FPS and just blast stuff, no thinking required. It's carthartic :knuppel2:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.