Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

I got so excited of the possibility of a difficulty setting, but my dreams have been crushed  :'(

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Appreciate all the tips/tricks and links to others.

By ratching back my propensity to just jump in guns o' blazing and using that noodle I call a brain, I've managed to survive a hell of a lot more than I was (wasn't).

Despite JD crushing my dreams, I think all is good  O0

DennisS

Quote from: acctingman on May 03, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
I got so excited of the possibility of a difficulty setting, but my dreams have been crushed  :'(

I read that the next major update (June or July) will indeed have difficulty settings.

CptHowdy

lost two pilots my last story mission. dekker was one of em  :'(   i did capture a VIP though and salvaged their complete mech. missiles and stability damage are king. knock em down and get those called shots plus pilot injuries  :bd:

Jarhead0331

I lost my second Mechwarrior last night after almost 200 days on campaign. My medium mechs were up against several heavies. I knew we could win, but not without loss. It is very painful to lose a seasoned pilot. Back to the hiring hall for a rookie...

At least I was able to salvage a Hunchback from the battlefield. It will replace his heavily damaged centurion and continue the fight in his name.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Capn Darwin

Game was running like a dog on the 1.0.1 patch for me. Very slow loading times, stutters, and pink mechs. Not impressed at all. The game filled all of my RAM and was 100 percenting my hard drive/SSD. On a whim I went beta branch to see if 1.0.2 was any better dealing with mission 2. The good news is the game ran a bit quicker and smoother. Did not overload RAM to the max and also appeared to release some RAM after leaving the game. I had to reboot after the 1.0.1 session because nothing of the 12GBs unloaded after quiting. Did not see any pink mechs this go either. Game play is good, UI is functional, but I could use a undo move button since it is too easy to misclick the mouse and put a Mech in a really bad situation. I have seen some odd bugs. Biggest was magical internal heat damage a couple times when I did not shoot or did shoot and was under the heat bar. It was weird. Seems like a good game. Add it to the stack of games I have no free time to play right now pile.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got to the story mission where you have to fight Victoria.  First time I had to go back and restart the battle a few times in a row.  That map setup felt more like a puzzle to be solved than a tactical problem to overcome.  I lost two pilots each time I tried it until I figured out the order in which you're meant to do things and then it was pretty straightforward. 

I'd only lost one pilot up to that point (Glitch and her voice acting was so annoying I wasn't sorry to see her go) but this battle was just a straight up slug-fest.  Difficulty ratings are now up to 4 skulls at default.  I suspect things are going to start hurting more.

CptHowdy

so are there missions you are supposed to fail? just had a defend the base well behind enemy lines. 10 mechs show up and just destroy the buildings. had two kills but no way to stop them from destroying the buildings. mission failed but i got about 340K for good faith effort!! im cool with that. easiest money ive made so far!!

jomni

The mercs you hire are random or pre-made?  Sounds like pre-made, like Jagged Alliance, based on your comments.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: CptHowdy on May 05, 2018, 12:45:38 AM
so are there missions you are supposed to fail? just had a defend the base well behind enemy lines. 10 mechs show up and just destroy the buildings. had two kills but no way to stop them from destroying the buildings. mission failed but i got about 340K for good faith effort!! im cool with that. easiest money ive made so far!!

There are no missions that you're "supposed" to fail.

But, fail you will. There are missions that get out of hand fast and you need to judge lost of damage vs good faith withdrawal.   

I just had one I pressed way too hard and lost Medusa for 40 days to the hospital and his Centurion was a scratch.  I'm going to have to repair it to sell.  But I got a heavy mech in return. 

It's all about playing your profit to loss and knowing when to holdem and foldem.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback