Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!

Started by Anguille, May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 05:31:37 PM
I seem to be stuck on the 3rd mission. I lose every time.  :(

Is that the one where the Nemesis ships jump in and attack the station while you've got the two Cylon Talons to the front?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:06:48 PM
The worst part is I'm drinking more scotch but it's doesn't not seeeem to be helllping.  :))

Keep drinking.  Eventually it will work out.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:06:48 PM
The worst part is I'm drinking more scotch but it's doesn't not seeeem to be helllping.  :))

Keep drinking.  Eventually it will work out.

And don't forget the Mobile dockyard has Vipers. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 01, 2017, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:06:48 PM
The worst part is I'm drinking more scotch but it's doesn't not seeeem to be helllping.  :))

Keep drinking.  Eventually it will work out.

And don't forget the Mobile dockyard has Vipers. 

And unlimited Scotch.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bbmike

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 01, 2017, 06:29:25 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 06:27:33 PM

And unlimited Scotch.

Vodka here tonight.  I feel like a philistine.

You feel like Sergeant Bilko? And those Vipers are useless.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

I could of used some Vodka at Origins. I get the feeling that Barthheart still owes me a beer.  :arr:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:32:36 PM

You feel like Sergeant Bilko? And those Vipers are useless.

The way I did that one was with three Manticores.   Send one Viper squad at the Raiders, the second at the far Nemesis that jumps in.  Also concentrate the fire of the station on the far Nemesis.   The Manticores can focus down the near Nemesis with missiles. 

The Vipers should make short work of the Raiders, so you can then send them to plink on one of the Talons. 

Doing this, I won with the loss of one Manticore.  The Vipers aren't good by themselves, but if they're hitting something that's had its armor stripped or dented in, they'll do the trick.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:39:49 PM
I could of used some Vodka at Origins. I get the feeling that Barthheart still owes me a beer.  :arr:

He most certainly does
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 06:44:06 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 06:39:49 PM
I could of used some Vodka at Origins. I get the feeling that Barthheart still owes me a beer.  :arr:

He most certainly does

Mirth owes you the beer... the piker....

mikeck

Does this game have a skirmish mode where I can set up my fleet and the enemy fleet And go at it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on September 02, 2017, 12:51:54 PM
Does this game have a skirmish mode where I can set up my fleet and the enemy fleet And go at it

Yep.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

It also has coop mode. But that's just against the AI iirc.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2017, 06:16:38 AM

I'm in the same boat. Not only do I not know much about the BG series, but for some strange reason, it doesn't appeal to me. I have no idea why. Large space fleet battles. Killer rampaging robots. This should be right up my alley, but for some strange reason, it's not.

maybe because the show tries to use actual tactics with the battles and as a Marine youre used to just charging strait in.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.