The Future of the Total War Series

Started by Gusington, June 07, 2017, 05:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Nefaro on June 08, 2017, 07:04:12 PM
"Total War: Panzer Blitz!"

I'd be the first to pre-order the $99.99 "Rommel Edition"

Pete Dero

Quote from: sandman2575 on June 08, 2017, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 08, 2017, 07:04:12 PM
"Total War: Panzer Blitz!"

I'd be the first to pre-order the $99.99 "Rommel Edition"

Might nog sell good over here :

Dutch to English: 

rommel = trash; junk; mess; confused heap; jumble; heap; ...
     

sandman2575

Hmm... how does "Guderian" translate into Dutch, then?   ;)

Staggerwing

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 09, 2017, 02:28:33 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on June 08, 2017, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 08, 2017, 07:04:12 PM
"Total War: Panzer Blitz!"

I'd be the first to pre-order the $99.99 "Rommel Edition"

Might nog sell good over here :

Dutch to English: 

rommel = trash; junk; mess; confused heap; jumble; heap; ...
     

Heh. I've had that mis-association in my head since I was a kid and first started reading about Rommel and WW2. I was born in Leeuwarden, though my family is from Zaandam. When I was three we moved to the USA so I learned to speak Dutch and English at the same time.

Pete, where are you located?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 09, 2017, 07:04:20 AM
Pete, where are you located?

Belgium, 15k from Brussels.

Hmm... how does "Guderian" translate into Dutch, then?

Heinz Guderian translates into ketchup (http://www.heinz.be/Products/T/Tomato-Ketchup-topdown)

Sir Slash

I can't wait to see the Elephant-Mounted Tiger tanks in this one.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 09, 2017, 11:07:01 AM
I can't wait to see the Elephant-Mounted Tiger tanks in this one.  :wow:

Or perhaps some tiger-mounted Elefant tank destoyers?   :)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

How about a TW game where the Duchy of Grand Fenwick is a playable faction?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 09, 2017, 10:01:48 PM
How about a TW game where the Duchy of Grand Fenwick is a playable faction?

They could have a roaring mouse unit.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 09, 2017, 10:11:57 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 09, 2017, 10:01:48 PM
How about a TW game where the Duchy of Grand Fenwick is a playable faction?

They could have a roaring mouse unit.


Why do I keep thinking this could have more than one meaning?

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!