FRIDAY Do You Want To Sneak Out With Me

Started by MetalDog, June 16, 2017, 05:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Well it's finally here, Origins weekend!  I will be driving to Columbus after leaving work early this afternoon to where the Groginati meet once a year to set the agenda for the upcoming year.  Drink, food, games and a good time will be had by all.  I highly encourage you to consider attending one of these years.  In the meantime, keep watching the Front Page for coverage and maybe a few pics.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Thanks, bob.  Keep'em straight around here while we're away?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Nice music comeback from last Friday MD...! Playing HoI4 6with the new 1.4 Oak update.

JudgeDredd

Good tune MD.

I'd love to sneak out to Origins. Unfortunately, even if she didn't notice I was missing, she might notice the bank balance being hit.

This weekend I have Star Wars:Rebellion with my daughter to continue my terrible record as the Rebels. I'll also likely fire up Race Room Experience which I "rediscovered" a few days ago (with the DTM DLC) and Ghost Recon:Wildlands. More than likely, I'll be hitting Cold Waters also.

Have a great time at Origins - to those whom are lucky enough to be able to go  O0

Also this weekend, I have Scotland in Colchester on Sunday. It's an event in our local Castle Park where mass pipe bands from around the country come to play in a competition. There's a beer tent - so that's where I'll be, soaking up the 30 degree heat and cooling myself down with the auld beer. In my kilt of course  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jamus34

I am putting origins on my calendar next year. Whether I can actually go remains to be seen but I'll have it on there.

That said with it being Father's Day weekend if the weather cooperates then I'll be mowing, weedwacking and washing / waxing my car; filling in with some Heroes and maybe fallout 4.

If it does not then there will be binge sessions of Stellaris and fallout 4
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

My Attila TW Goth campaign has ended in stalemate...I just could not recover from the Sassanid Smackdown :(

Now I plan on cracking open Dying Light and wreakn havoc on the undead from the comfort of my overpowered dune buggy. That should make me feel better.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

On the schedule this weekend:


1.) Finishing up my Turn 4 video AAR of Churchill vs myself vs myself.

2.) Completing and posting a special surprise video for my multiplayer game vs Barthheart in honor of having reached the halfway point of our DC1:Blitz fight in Poland. It'll be about the strategic situation leading up to, and between, the invasion of Poland and the invasion of the Soviet Union.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 16, 2017, 07:38:23 AM
On the schedule this weekend:


1.) Finishing up my Turn 4 video AAR of Churchill vs myself vs myself.

2.) Completing and posting a special surprise video for my multiplayer game vs Barthheart in honor of having reached the halfway point of our DC1:Blitz fight in Poland. It'll be about the strategic situation leading up to, and between, the invasion of Poland and the invasion of the Soviet Union.

Looking forwards to your videos Jason!   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

I'll be playing around with a new kickass mod for ARMA 3 called Star Wars Opposition. It is loaded with awesome content. Amazing models and OOBs, great vehicles and a wide variety of placeable static objects. Sound and music are really immersive. Not many missions yet, but I'll play around in the Eden editor too. Thinking about making a Let's Play video to showcase it. Totally top notch stuff spanning the entire timeline.

There was a DCMA claim made by another modder so it has been removed from the steam workshop. Plenty of direct links to find it though. 





Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


-budd-

Probably a whole lot of 7DTD with alpha 16 released. P.A.M.E.L.A and Empryrion also had updates so might check those out. I believe Subsistence had an update recently also so that covers all my EA open world games. I still have Cold Waters to really dive into, was all set to when the alpha 16 for 7DTD came out.

Have fun at Origins gentlemen.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2017, 10:26:28 AM
There are gentlemen at Origins?

Yes. But they have no affiliation with Grogheads.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 16, 2017, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2017, 10:26:28 AM
There are gentlemen at Origins?

Yes. But they have no affiliation with Grogheads.
Somehow i knew this was coming ;D ......OK Grogheads will be the ones with booze stains on their shirts and bail money in their pockets  C:-)....would that be more accurate.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.