Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Not on sale, but I just took the plunge on Cold Waters.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Picked up:

Audiosurf 1 & 2
Trails in the sky
Life is strange
Crashlands

And I'm going to pull the trigger on either cold waters or nier automata... both are similar in cost but have a sneaking suspicion that cold waters will hit a humble monthly in the next 6 months or so not that I really want to wait that long
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

Grabbed TableTop Simulator and Darkest Night for it.. Getting lessons from Nef and JP.. Cool stuff, though my eyes are glazing over at times!

bbmike

Quote from: Tuna on June 24, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
Grabbed TableTop Simulator and Darkest Night for it.. Getting lessons from Nef and JP.. Cool stuff, though my eyes are glazing over at times!

I've tried playing Lock n Load Pacific on Tabletop Simulator a couple of times but it's frustrating. I keep dropping stuff off of the table, I can't get the game boards to line up quite right, etc. If I can ever get past the learning curve it looks like a lot of fun. For now I'm sticking with Vassal.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Quote from: bbmike on June 24, 2017, 04:52:09 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 24, 2017, 04:22:34 PM

I've tried playing Lock n Load Pacific on Tabletop Simulator a couple of times but it's frustrating. I keep dropping stuff off of the table, I can't get the game boards to line up quite right, etc. If I can ever get past the learning curve it looks like a lot of fun. For now I'm sticking with Vassal.  :D

When nef and I were first playing, I dropped some cards off the table by mistake and we couldn't find them, but nef had me right click on on still on the table and do reset and that brought them back.

Cougar_DK

I have picked up the following:

• Assetto Corsa + Dream Packs
  • Motorsport Manager: GT Series
  • Offworld Trading Company + Jupiter's Forge

And have my eyes on Ultimate General: Civil War, Cossacks 3, Void Destroyer 2, Imagine Earth and Winds of Trade  :-"
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Pete Dero

Wargame Red Dragon - Nation Pack: Netherlands    
Wargame: Red Dragon - Nation Pack: Israel    
Wargame Red Dragon - Double Nation Pack: REDS    
Star Ruler 2 - Wake of the Heralds    
Command Ops 2: Knock On All Doors Vol. 6    
Command Ops 2: Westwall Vol. 7

Arctic Blast

Braveland - Seems like a decent little HOMM style game. Not a lot of meat to it, really, but it's decent fun for less than $2.50
Monster Slayers - Hello, digital card game! and a roguelike! With different encounters! And an upgrade-able deck!

Also grabbed Highlands and LOGistICAL, but I haven't tried either of them yet. And I downloaded the demo for Age of Decadence. The premise seems interesting, but it's a rare RPG that actually grabs me whatsoever these days.

Yskonyn

Not on sale, but I picked up PlayerUnknown's Battleground. Very exciting game, especially team mode.

In the sale I snagged:
Darkest Dungeon
Pulsar
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

FlickJax

so far:

Ultimate General Civil War
Bejewelled 3 as I am sad
Hard West

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Quote from: Destraex on June 25, 2017, 07:01:44 AM
I want sailaway but am too tight to get it even at 20% off.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/552920/Sailaway__The_Sailing_Simulator/

You're not being too tight.  31.99 for a 39.99 game is not a proper 'Steam Summer Sale' price. 

Quote from: FlickJax on June 25, 2017, 05:56:31 AM
so far:

Ultimate General Civil War
Bejewelled 3 as I am sad
Hard West

Why are you sad FlickJax?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tinkershuffle

Naval War: Arctic Circle + Operation Tarnhelm DLC (despite the negative reviews)
DoW2: Retribution

Ubercat

I bought the Shadowrun games bundle. ShadowRun Returns, ShadowRun: Dragonfall Directors Cut, and the Hong Kong game.

Does anyone know the difference between the first 2? Does Dragonrun completely supercede the first game and make it obsolete? I haven't found a clear answer online. Dragonrun IS a full game in it's own right.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Ubercat on June 25, 2017, 11:22:57 AM
I bought the Shadowrun games bundle. ShadowRun Returns, ShadowRun: Dragonfall Directors Cut, and the Hong Kong game.

Does anyone know the difference between the first 2? Does Dragonrun completely supercede the first game and make it obsolete? I haven't found a clear answer online. Dragonrun IS a full game in it's own right.

They're all full games.

I have Shadowrun: Hong Kong on GOG and the other two on Steam; I've spent more time with the Hong Kong game.

Shadowrun Returns is the first game. I think it is unique in that if I remember right, it has a game editor in it so you can create your own campaigns. Also, I think it has a vibrant community supporting it on Steam, so you can download tons of user-made modules. I'm not sure if that applies to the other two games; I've not gotten that deeply into it to find out, and besides, I'm not a fan (generally) of user-made content.

Dragonfall was originally a DLC expansion for Returns. However, the version you see today is called Shadowrun Dragonfall: Director's Cut, which is a stand-alone game.

So, to answer your question, no; Dragonfall: DC does not supersede the first game (Returns). They're both stand-alone games.

Hong Kong has a very good story to it; I think it's the best out of the three.