Decades Feeder Bracket - 1992 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, June 29, 2017, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Sound Garden should of been in there and wasn't Metallica's Black album 92 .....other than that i got nothing. 5 and 12 was a hard choice, went with the cowboys from hell.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Steelgrave

Quote from: -budd- on June 30, 2017, 08:31:46 PM
Sound Garden should of been in there and wasn't Metallica's Black album 92 .....other than that i got nothing. 5 and 12 was a hard choice, went with the cowboys from hell.

5 and 12 was my most difficult choice as well but I came to the same conclusion as you.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 30, 2017, 07:57:27 PM
I should have said PBR in a bottle. I'm no cheap slut.

Full confession: in my early 20's I drank a whole lot of Piels Real Draft. Barely eking out an existence I was... There was no such thing as 'microbrew' and Anchor Steam was still a West Coast thing.

Then one day a girl in an English themed bar in Hartford, CT, gave me a John Courage, fresh from Old Blighty. I never looked back.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

My oldest son is a real beer connoisseur and he's always trying to turn me on to new beers, some of which I enjoy. And I do drink other beers. But while I have much better taste in the hard stuff, my go-to beer for 40 years has been PBR. Trust me, I'm not trying to defend it, ha! But it does amuse the hell out of me that PBR has become a "hipster" thing....whatever the frack that is.

Staggerwing

Actually, since Anheiser-Busch went off-shore Pabst and it's many owned sub brands is the largest American-only brewery company.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 30, 2017, 07:54:47 PM
PBR? PBR? I see your PBR and raise you two Carling Black Labels, a Stroh's, a Blatz and a Utica Club.

I didn't even know they still made that shit.  Carling Black Label is like drinking liquid black licorice.  Disgusting :vomit:  But at least it ain't Red, White and Blue.  Four niney nine a case.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

And here I thought Dawg was a fellow Man of the People  8)

MetalDog

If being a Man of the People means drinking cheap, shitty beer, then I am out ;)

Steelgrave

I'm not sure what this cheap, shitty beer is you are referring to. I was talking a cold PBR in a bottle. Guess you won't be my choice to run a Decades Feeder Bracket for beer  8)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: -budd- on June 30, 2017, 08:31:46 PM
Sound Garden should of been in there

Soundgarden didn't release an album that year
Badmotorfinger was '91, Superunknown was '94

Quote from: -budd- on June 30, 2017, 08:31:46 PMwasn't Metallica's Black album 92 .....

'91, though some of the singles lingered into '92
But if "Nothing Else Matters" is what you're craving to have on the bracket, you need help...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM
But if "Nothing Else Matters" is what you're craving to have on the bracket, you need help...

^Definitely not a Man of the People. Have a cold PBR   :coolsmiley:

jamus34

Dammit sorry MD I borked your chart. Didn't pick on half and picked both entries on the 2/15 and when trying to fix hit submit
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

It's alright, jamus.  It was bound to happen at some point.  Just thanks for voting.

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 01, 2017, 11:11:56 AM
I'm not sure what this cheap, shitty beer is you are referring to. I was talking a cold PBR in a bottle. Guess you won't be my choice to run a Decades Feeder Bracket for beer  8)

I was talking about Carling Black Label and Red, White, and Blue.  Never had a PBR.

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on July 01, 2017, 01:27:45 PM
It's alright, jamus.  It was bound to happen at some point.  Just thanks for voting.

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 01, 2017, 11:11:56 AM

I was talking about Carling Black Label and Red, White, and Blue.  Never had a PBR.

If I make Origins next year I'll have to change that  O0

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 01, 2017, 12:44:01 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 01, 2017, 11:58:58 AM

^Definitely not a Man of the People. Have a cold PBR   :coolsmiley:

seriously?  it's a completely shitty sell-out song by a band that had otherwise kicked everyone's ass for the better part of 8 years and dragged down an otherwise stellar album
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers