FRIDAY'S Big Brown Beaver

Started by Jarhead0331, July 28, 2017, 04:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

SP I'll finish off my Shogun2 Republic of Nagaoka FOTS Campaign; Combat Mission to test out the V4 upgrade; maybe Gettysburg: The Tide Turns full campaign
MP Games: Assorted games Field of Glory (one with Anguille); Pike and Shot with Sauron (me playing Louis XIV French, while he plays William of Orange); More Gallipoli bloodshed if Cyrano gets around to his turn... ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Blucher

I finished my PBEM game of Campaign Marengo which I lost pretty badly as the Austrians. I am learning the Tiller Napoleonic system which I am really starting to Enjoy.
Also playing a PBEM from Campaign Leipzig the battle of Sehested. Which has an interesting order of battle the Danish vs a mixed German-Russo-British-Prussian-German minor
states force.  I think the Tiller Napoleonic games are just the right size to make them very playable.

I picked up Conquest of the New World deluxe in the GOG weekly sale I have been also learning that. It has some interesting ideas and does things a little
differently then Sid Meier's Colonization.

I tried loading up Victory Vietnam in Vassal just to poke around inspired by the AAR in the forum but I have no idea what I am doing having no experience
with Vassal. Also the learning curve for the game looks pretty steep. That being said it's supposed to be one of the best games that simulates the war from
what I have read.

bbmike

Quote from: Blucher on July 29, 2017, 10:59:47 AM
...
I picked up Conquest of the New World deluxe in the GOG weekly sale I have been also learning that. It has some interesting ideas and does things a little differently then Sid Meier's Colonization.
...

If you can get past the very dated graphics, it's a fun game. I even like the chess-like tactical battles.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Conquest of the New World...I don't think I know this game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Dammit how am I supposed to resist a game in which I can build myself a tiny version of colonial Trenton??
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Seven Cities of Gold on the C64 is still the best.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2017, 12:58:04 PM
Dammit how am I supposed to resist a game in which I can build myself a tiny version of colonial Trenton??

Why resist? It costs less than a cup of coffee.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

And I don't even drink coffee!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2017, 01:24:42 PM
And I don't even drink coffee!

:o :wow:

You sir, are dead to me.

Severe coffee addict here  :idiot2:

Gusington

I do love a Coca Cola every now and then.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman


bbmike

Quote from: acctingman on July 29, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2017, 04:27:25 PM
I do love a Coca Cola every now and then.

You're forgiven!  O0

Wait! Make him confirm it's the pure cane sugar version!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Damn all of you...now I want to buy this Conquest of the New World...

I liked Seven Cities of Gold back on the Apple IIc...the old version, not the new one. I remember back then when the newer version came out I didn't like it nearly as much. Had a lot of fun going into a native camp, finding the Chief, then cutting him down and just mowing down e-Indians left and right.  ;D