FRIDAY'S Big Brown Beaver

Started by Jarhead0331, July 28, 2017, 04:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Car buying, final phases 1 and 2, accomplished. I did in fact search for a Subaru, but couldn't find even one for sale within 50 miles radius -- or not one with less than 14000 miles. (I realize they're okay for a long time after that, but my 2014 Chevy Ultra-sonic only had 14K and I'm averse to buying more miles than I'm trading in.)

Came close to getting a Mustang GT Premium, but decided on a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited instead for the same cash. Bro has already offered to buy it from me 5 or 6 years from now for Niecemus Prime when she gets her first car and AAAGGGHHH THE AGE IT BURRRNNNSSSSS!!!  :wow: :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Anyway, now that I'm back from Shiloh National Battleground on an afternoon trip with the nieces, I'm going to... probably shoot a number of things to degauss, but tomorrow morning before Bible study I'll be working on various multiplayer turns. Then the same after lunch.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

A Toyota RAV4 is somewhat acceptable. A Mustang would have been more so but you probably would have died when the weather gets colder and icy later in the year.

Real cane sugar Coca Cola is like crack to me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Can't say I know your particular car needs but the chasm between a GT and a Rav4 is...let's just say...Grand Canyonesque.

Insert witty comment here.

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2017, 08:41:21 AM
Get a Subaru!

How odd...I didn't see this thread until just now. I purchased a Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Friday afternoon. Got a hell of a deal for an amazing vehicle.

Gusington

The Wife has a black Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R...it is a beastly car, a little too big for me. Great engine though...powerful if a little ungainly.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

My wife just bought an Outback two weeks ago.  :o
It is an awesome vehicle.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

This place is becoming cult-like.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

This place is cult-like. Who is our David Koresh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

To add to the Subaru fandom I bought a WRX last year
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

^That is the golden ticket. I envy your WRX-dom. The closest I have to that is the Forestor I bought last year, with a turbo.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on July 30, 2017, 11:22:59 AM
^That is the golden ticket. I envy your WRX-dom. The closest I have to that is the Forestor I bought last year, with a turbo.

Trust me it was about the sportiest car I could get and still maintain some semblance of functionality. After living with a CVt Altima for three years I needed to get back into a stick
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Anyone who gets a WRX with an automatic has questionable moral fiber.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd