Main Menu

Learning to FRIDAY

Started by mirth, August 04, 2017, 03:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth



No tabletop gaming this weekend, so it's time to dive back into the video games I've been ignoring all summer. Lots of choices - Witcher, ME: Andromeda, Cold Waters, Order of Battle: Kriegsmarine...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I have ZERO gaming this weekend. My Army reunion is here again and I will have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much bevvy to see straight, nevermind make strategic and tactical decisions.

Have a good weekend all. I will...I won't remember, but I know I will.  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on August 04, 2017, 03:07:42 AM

No tabletop gaming this weekend, so it's time to dive back into the video games I've been ignoring all summer. Lots of choices - Witcher, ME: Andromeda, Cold Waters, Order of Battle: Kriegsmarine...

  Graviteam Tunisia, ArmaIII for me

Barthheart

At 3:30 EDT today, 2 glorious weeks of vacation starts.  <:-)

Time of Crisis VASSAL PBEM game going. Interesting game. Very easy rules and mechanics. Very deep strategy game.

DC 1: Warsaw to Paris PBEM on going grudge match with Jason. Looking grim for Poland but we shal extract our pound of flesh in our righteous defence to the last man.

Rebuild my sinking front step and walk.

Work on the Miata and maybe take it to a Show and Shine.

At least 4 days at a friends cottage of beer drinking and board gaming and fishing and etc.

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 04, 2017, 04:15:56 AM
Have a good weekend all. I will...I won't remember, but I know I will.  >:D

Those are the best weekends  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on August 04, 2017, 04:42:24 AM
At 3:30 EDT today, 2 glorious weeks of vacation starts.  <:-)

Time of Crisis VASSAL PBEM game going. Interesting game. Very easy rules and mechanics. Very deep strategy game.

DC 1: Warsaw to Paris PBEM on going grudge match with Jason. Looking grim for Poland but we shal extract our pound of flesh in our righteous defence to the last man.

Rebuild my sinking front step and walk.

Work on the Miata and maybe take it to a Show and Shine.

At least 4 days at a friends cottage of beer drinking and board gaming and fishing and etc.


You left out round counters on recent game purchases  ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Continuing my restart of my HoI4 game.
Nier Automata and Skyrim when I need my rpg fix

Beyond that not around much this weekend, bunch of us are going out to celebrate a mutual friends 40th
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Probably going to be playing mostly VR titles this weekend. Picked up a few interesting titles this week that I haven't even had the chance to try. Maybe I'll play some Stellaris or Polaris Sector too. All this space 4x talk has my sci-Fi strategy juices flowing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


BanzaiCat

I am free this weekend...woot! Got a lot of games to play through and write about...

JasonPratt

May get to hang out with Bro and Niecemus Prime tomorrow, but not sure for how long. Naturally will cut into gaming time, although that depends on what we do!  <:-)

Otherwise:

0.) Keep an eye out for information on our now-approaching-year-long forum game of Napoleon's Weimar/Jena. The main (if not yet actually decisive) engagement should be starting on this game day.

1.) Keep up with the GROGS OF CRISIS game with Barth, AzTank, and DM. (I've got the next move, asap this afternoon, ending Turn 3.)

2.) Keep up with the Alea Jacta Est 3-player mp with W8 and Tuna. (I don't really need a lot of time to play these turns, just got to remember when the file has been sent to me.) Just finished turn 6 with, nominally, 66 to go.

3.) Finally get back to the grim DC:Blitz slugfest with Barth, and get Turn 8 done. (Ideally produced and uploaded, too, but that isn't likely until early next week.) Barth is still, in my estimation, more likely to win outright, but I'm making inroads at last. Will they be enough? ...um, probably not?  L:-)

4.) Still working on unlocking the monsters (and then city maps) for Godzilla: Save the Earth on my PC version. Next up, I think it's time for me to campaign as KING GHIDORA!  :D

5.) Been doing some multiplayer again in Dawn of War: Soulstorm, this time along with W8aminute, who has in turn been guiding me through early levels of Heroes and Generals.

...wait, didn't W8 and Tuna and I have a mission of Warfighter we were working on??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Hey I have my Army reunion this weekend too JD - except I'll be living in the barracks as the State Guard attempts to teach me how to be a SGT. Right before that, tomorrow night, I am taking The Wife to see Santana. So it will be a weekend of...different cultures 😎

I am about halfway through Dishonored 2 and even though it took a while for me to get in to it, I am digging it now. When I get back home next week it will be the first game I go to for some R&R.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Good song choice mirth... :peace:   Couldn't resist the updated Sword and Sorcery release on Steam for $14.99....old school RPG romp.

acctingman

Tonight.....finishing my base coat on my Tamiya Stug IV with a peppering of WoT
Saturday.....5 hour hike with the wife and after my mid day nap, more WoT, some Conflict of Heroes (hopefully)
Sunday.....couples massage (with the wifey) celebrating our 1 yr anniversary and if she's kind to me I'll finish off my Stug IV and maybe a game or 12 of WoT

mirth

Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2017, 10:57:04 AMSunday.....couples massage (with the wifey) celebrating our 1 yr anniversary and if she's kind to me I'll finish off

Good luck, my friend  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on August 04, 2017, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2017, 10:57:04 AMSunday.....couples massage (with the wifey) celebrating our 1 yr anniversary and if she's kind to me I'll finish off

Good luck, my friend  O0

:DD