I Renounce This FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamus34

Isn't Corpus Christi Native American for "land that big ass sea storms arrive on"???

Good luck gulf coast!
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

So it seems I've just wasted £15 on a second hand version of Madden NFL 17 because....I just splurged £60 on Madden NFL 18  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jamus34

You do like our American sports, don't you JD?
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on August 25, 2017, 09:55:55 AM
Jena KS turns.  The battle system is finally grooved into my aging head.

Jena JTS campaign and battle game.

When we're done, you should post some campaign comparisons.


Quote from: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 10:24:18 AM
Isn't Corpus Christi Native American for "land that big ass sea storms arrive on"???

It's Latin for "Odds Bodkins", as in "Odds Bodkins, why did we build anything on this coast, the local Indians are cackling madly at us!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, tomorrow I plan to be playing an extended opportunity for prayer called PLEASE GOD HELP ME SWITCH OUT MY OBSOLESCENT NVIDIA 600 SERIES SLI WITH A NEW 1080 TI WITHOUT TOTALLY DESTROYING MY COMPUTER'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION.

...messing with computer hardware scares me badly. Not for my personal safety, but for the computer's.

If successful, I'll be testing out multiplayer with a new set of head/speaker phones (which should also help improve the quality of my audio commentary in video AARs), and testing out the new gfx on Batman: Arkham Knight.

Probable-to-possible additions, permitted by my computer surviving the weekend:

1.) Will the GROGS OF CRISIS game be won this turn, or shall we go into Turn 11?

2.) Will the new gfx card make Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: New Factions: BBQ more stable? (Probably not, but I've been on a SS multi-play kick for a while.)

3.) Steel Divisions multiplayer would be nice.

4.) Theoretically the next turn with Barth in DC:Blitz, although more likely I'll be doing that next week.

5.) Planning and prepping for a new one-shot video tutorial for my nieces on one of their games. Also two other new video projects for the nieces which should benefit from a top-tier gfx card.

6.) I've also been on a bit of a Magic Duels multiplayer kick a while.

7.) Heroes and Generals with W8, if our schedules ever converge.

8.) Note to self: at some point if I'm catching Dad up on Netflix's Daredevil seasons, I should take the opportunity to update Warframe.

9.) ...feel like I'm missing something... oh, either Ysk or I should set up our Red Thunder mp game and get that started.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

For me, its going to be Prepar3d and Elite all weekend with maybe a little of The Long Dark, Ghost Recon, or The Division thrown in.


Quote from: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 01:46:02 PM
Meanwhile, tomorrow I plan to be playing an extended opportunity for prayer called PLEASE GOD HELP ME SWITCH OUT MY OBSOLESCENT NVIDIA 600 SERIES SLI WITH A NEW 1080 TI WITHOUT TOTALLY DESTROYING MY COMPUTER'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION.

...messing with computer hardware scares me badly. Not for my personal safety, but for the computer's.

Its just a video card not open heart surgery. Remove a couple of screws, un-clip the PCI-E bracket, and remove the video card. Do that in reverse order to install the new card. Congrats on the new card, I went from a GTX760 in my old PC to a GTX1070 in my new one. Noticed a huge difference even with the rest of my specs being more or less the same. Almost went with the GTX1080 but I cut it down to the GTX1070 to save a little money.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Just a little cool country to help calm the nerves ;)


And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

Man, the lack of "Move your unit to..." in the courier system of Waterloo really pisses me off. 

I simply cannot understand while unit commands are available in all of the other courier commands but not this one was left off.

I can't play the game as designed.  This disappointments me greatly.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 08:36:38 PM
Man, the lack of "Move your unit to..." in the courier system of Waterloo really pisses me off. 

I simply cannot understand while unit commands are available in all of the other courier commands but not this one was left off.

I can't play the game as designed.  This disappointments me greatly.

MP is fun, then you're directly controlling you're units. .and courier messages are texts you type out to other players.

Toonces

No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Hofstadter

Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 PM
No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).

I'm sure there's some way too get the troops to move to. But it's probably buried under a series of annoying clicks
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Tuna

Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 PM
No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).


I'm sure there's some way too get the troops to move to. But it's probably buried under a series of annoying clicks


I think his problem is that you can't do much in that regard with the Courier System.. Which I agree, in single player the Courier system is kind of useless. But seriously Toonces, MP can be a lot of fun, if you want to try some Friday or Saturday night with a bunch of grogs, I'm sure it can happen.

Martok

Have been playing Trackmania United the last few days (picked it up on sale), as I've needed some good mindless fun.  Am also looking at kicking off a new campaign in Rome II Total War; I've felt the game pulling at me for a while now. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Stronghold Crusader HD and Medieval 2 TW as the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The new gfx card appears to be working. So far. Updating drivers.

Yeah, in theory it isn't hard to switch out; in practice, I have a near-migraine.  :pullhair: Falcon is usually a great system designer, but this time they put the old SLI right up next to an internal wall, where it proved almost impossible to get anything down to press the release latch on the main slot. And when I did, I was hammering a long emory board right next to what looked like the main i/o bus.  :timeout: That was the worst but not the only problem. (I had enough sense to move the thing down a couple of slots when installing the new card, but then I started worrying that FNW had put the original card there for a good reason, and/or had tweaked the bios architecture to expect it in the old slot.)

Then on the first start, the system simply didn't boot up to the cycling dots under the windows sign. An attempt at a restart, shut down the whole system instead.

But currently I'm in gratitude-prayer opportunity mode.

Relatedly, if anyone would like a perfectly fine used Nvidia 690 SLI card, I'll take bids starting from free. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!