Does anyone have Codemasters F1 2017

Started by JudgeDredd, August 27, 2017, 07:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Just asking on the off chance someone else has it and is having sound issues.

I'm getting all sounds in game - from startup, through the menus, into career and meeting my "agent". I even get sounds with the weekend intro from the two F1 pundits. But as soon as I get in the car in the garage, I get nothing

I'm currently checking the web, but I can't find anything relating to this issue - yes JH - just me again  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

RyanE

I have considered getting 2016 or 2017.  Have they ever added a recording mode yet.  I spend more time re-watching previous races in PCars than actually racing.  I have searched around the F1 games and could never find a recording feature.

JudgeDredd

I don't think so - but it's never something I've actively looked for
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Buggered if I can find a solution to this or anyone else suffering the problem.

Downloaded new drivers for Realtek, verified game files from Steam. All sounds working except in driving mode. I think the engineer is working in driving mode, but no vehicle sounds.

I feel a refund coming on before it's too late  :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

I did buy this today....hope to try it out a little later and can let you know if any issues.

JudgeDredd

Cool. Thanks. You may not. I've only seen one other post mentioning the same thing, with another couple showing slightly different issues, but issues with sound.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

No issues with sound for me.....although all I am hearing is my car crashing into walls and other cars:)  Someday I'll figure out these driving games!

JudgeDredd

Damn

Thanks anyway.

What's Steam's refund policy? I've never used it. I want to keep hold of the game in case it's recognised and fixed but I don't want to keep it if it's remains porked - which could be the case as it doesn't seem to be affecting lots of people...so might get overlooked
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 27, 2017, 04:12:10 PM
Damn

Thanks anyway.

What's Steam's refund policy? I've never used it. I want to keep hold of the game in case it's recognised and fixed but I don't want to keep it if it's remains porked - which could be the case as it doesn't seem to be affecting lots of people...so might get overlooked

You have up to two weeks or 2 hours of gameplay, whichever happens first....

JudgeDredd

Well I'm up to 90 minutes trying all sorts of things to resolve this - so a refund has been requested.  :'( :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 27, 2017, 04:32:06 PM
Well I'm up to 90 minutes trying all sorts of things to resolve this - so a refund has been requested.  :'( :'(

I am sure they will figure it out eventually....you know you'll buy it again anyway:)


JudgeDredd

Only if there are engine sounds. Kind of key to driving ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

#12
Yep, that would be no fun

Pete Dero

Some tech forums say you need your windows sound settings, or of your sound card at 48000 hz (and not at maximum).

JudgeDredd

Found those suggestions - done that. I think specifically those posts were complaining that the sound wasn't going with the image (too fast iirc).

Anyway - it's refunded. Hopefully I can pick it up some other time.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people