Main Menu

X4 Foundations

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I get the warning even with graphics set to low - for reference I have an R7 370, and I have no idea where that is with regard to the requirements, because the minimum stated is "Nvidia GTX 780/970 or AMD equivalent".  ::)

Nevertheless, I can play the game just fine.  And I've discovered a very interesting mission.  I probably shouldn't say too much just in case, but suffice to say it seems to be designed as a kind of short campaign/introduction, as it's taken me on a nice little tour of part of the galaxy and given me a nice big pile of cash - enough to buy a new ship apparently!

Also, I was very surprised to discover the superhighways from Rebirth have returned.  That's one feature of Rebirth I actually enjoyed, so I'm quite please about that. :)

PanzersEast

First Container Ship purchased... now just have to find some good trading routes.

Jarhead0331

^How many credits did that ship cost you?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 01, 2018, 05:05:55 PM
^How many credits did that ship cost you?

I think the final total was 471,000 credits after I hired a captain, 20 crew, and all of the software and components where the base line.

Yskonyn

Nice one, PE!

Huw, is that mission to be found around Argon Equipment Dock?

I have been playing with the tutorials and tweaking my controls. It's weird that the game doesn't allow an analog Yaw axis.
I've also made a custom Nvidia profile where I enable Nvidia's FXAA, disable Vsync and drop prerendered frames to 1.
I has made the game feel a lot more snappy, obviously less control input lag.
Might be a tip for you guys (or use AMD's equivalents ofc)

Jarhead, I have been trying to make screenshots, but the game's engine doesn't allow it with the printscreen option. I have browsed the controls menu but there's no screenshot hotkey listed so I am stuck there, man.
I wanted to show you my config, but I can only do it by describing it, or so it seems. Would that suffice? Or has anyone found a way to shoot screenshots?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 01, 2018, 05:27:16 PM
I think the final total was 471,000 credits after I hired a captain, 20 crew, and all of the software and components where the base line.

Oh, must be a small one then?  I have 250K credits just from pissing about.

Ysk, aren't you playing via Steam?  Can't you just use Steam's screenshot functionality?

I can't remember where that mission was found but it was definitely in either Black Hole Sun IV or V.

Huw the Poo

OK I give up - where the hell can I buy a new ship?  I've been searching for ages.  In previous X games you could just ask someone where the nearest shipyard is...

PanzersEast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2018, 06:38:48 PM
OK I give up - where the hell can I buy a new ship?  I've been searching for ages.  In previous X games you could just ask someone where the nearest shipyard is...

You have to dock at a Wharf, I believe that is the only location that sales ships.

The container ship I purchased is a Medium ship.

Huw the Poo

Thanks, yeah I know I need a wharf, I just can't bloody find any!

Geezer

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 01, 2018, 07:14:32 PM

You have to dock at a Wharf, I believe that is the only location that sales ships.

Wharf is for small and medium ships.  Shipyard is for large and extra large ships.  At least according to ObsidianAnt.  I'm still on the fence about buying the game.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

This is pretty good for some basic starting tips. Huw...he describes the region where the shipyard and wharf near BHS are...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I've stopped fighting the controls. I'll give up on using my HOTAS and just play using the mouse and keyboard. Right now, I think it is the only acceptable way to play. Once I stopped struggling with this, I started to enjoy the game more. It still needs a lot of work, but the potential is certainly there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

PanzersEast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2018, 07:46:50 PM
Thanks, yeah I know I need a wharf, I just can't bloody find any!

I bought mine at Black Hole Sun.....  :peace:

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 01, 2018, 09:02:55 PM
I've stopped fighting the controls. I'll give up on using my HOTAS and just play using the mouse and keyboard. Right now, I think it is the only acceptable way to play. Once I stopped struggling with this, I started to enjoy the game more. It still needs a lot of work, but the potential is certainly there.

I went down to my Extreme 3D Pro.  I don't know if my setup would help any, but will post it if needed. 

Downloadable Keyboard map here:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOXas_eDwzbazQrSaG7FhhcRvQe_GiSKYdcL4w4-nTrTQS37nGEIGXD-K_dlmunjQ?key=OFRxUXEwNmYwRHN2eDRyeno5UktaNnBTZlVNejJB

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 01, 2018, 07:57:44 PM
This is pretty good for some basic starting tips. Huw...he describes the region where the shipyard and wharf near BHS are...

Thanks for that mate.  I've since discovered that the maps are somewhat randomised apparently.  I'm convinced there are no wharfs in Black Hole Sun at least in my game, but I've read that Argon Prime will always have one.  I'll head there.  I did find one in Teladi space but I can't afford even a small scout!  Maybe I'll do a mission or two along the way.