The Atomic Games Legacy : V for Victory

Started by ikrananka, September 05, 2017, 09:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ikrananka

I'm pleased to announce that I have just published the first video in a series covering the incredible wargaming legacy left by Atomic Games.  This first video covers the creation of Atomic Games in 1989 and the development and release of their first game in the V for Victory series, D-Day : Utah Beach.

I spent a lot of time researching this video and I believe there may well be some things in the video that you didn't know before.

I hope that you enjoy this video and that you find it informative.  Please let me know what you think in the video comments section or by replying here to this forum post.



Rayfer

Fascinating and interesting...well done! Thanks.

Boggit

Some great research, and a very nice presentation too. Thanks for sharing. :bd:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Greybriar

Atomic Games were great back in the day. I still own nearly all of the boxed editions of the company's games.

Thanks for sharing the link to the YouTube video. O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Oche


rocketman

A very well made high quality video that was a trip down memory lane. Looking forward to the next episode  :bd:

ikrananka

Thanks guys - really appreciating the great feedback :)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

Makes me want to dig out the 5-1/4" and 3.5" disks in the attic.

Ian C


mirth

Quote from: Ian C on September 06, 2017, 02:40:24 PM
Great! Where can I get it?

KB Toys, Software Etc, Circuit City and many other fine retailers!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Don't forget my favorite, Electronics Boutique!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: bbmike on September 06, 2017, 03:00:06 PM
Don't forget my favorite, Electronics Boutique!

Pretty sure I got Operation Crusader there.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

It's funny how much has changed in 10-15 years. I used to go to Gamestop and EB at least once a week.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!