The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

It's a lot worse here compared to what I expected. The wind is howling and the snow is like sand. I should probably put a rope tether out for me and the dog.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Wind is supposed to really pick up here around noon. Very effing glad I didn't have to go in to work.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

The state closed my office last night, awesomely. The wind is nuts here right now...very Shining. I did not expect to wake up to that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

We've got about an inch here in town.  Some of the outlying areas in the county got 3"-4"

School closed today; might be open on a delay tomorrow
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

just saw on the news, there's about 5 accidents in a 1-mile stretch across the front of the mall that's about 1-1/2 miles away from us here, and that's on a pretty main road.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

looking up the hill to the right from our driveway about 11pm last night

Toonces

:o

Reference:

Now, and it's only getting worse:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

It feels like San Diego in my basement right now, sipping my hot covfefe with my feet cozily snuggled into my Uggs.

As long as we don't lose power, I'm fine.  We lose power...things are going to become sad panda rapidly.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

This storm needs a name! Other than, "The Bomb Cyclone" I mean. Suggestions? How about, "Scotch & Ice"? Or, "Dude, where's my car"? "Ugg-maggedon"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

mirth

Barthheart

Anytime. We're gonna get 6" of snow while yer freezing....

bayonetbrant

Toonces

Local gusts are only up to 40.  If it doesn't get any worse we might keep power after all.  It doesn't look like the snow is sticking to the trees or power lines.

Hard to say how much we've gotten so far...I'd guess 6-8" but it's drifting all over.  I'm sure my Impreza would never make it on the roads, though.  Maybe a Jeep would work.  I'd love to try the Impreza just to see, but I'm afraid I'd get stuck pretty quick and I have no desire to try and push my car out of that crap.