American Made

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 03, 2017, 12:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I watched this tonight.  A friend wanted to see it and didn't know a thing about it.  Very enjoyable film!  If you liked Narcos, you'll probably get a kick out of this.

JudgeDredd

I heard it was Tom Cruise back to his best - after the disaster that was The Mummy.

I will be looking for this one.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I watched about half of it before I got distracted with other things. It's not bad at all, it's just been done to death before, so there's not much there that's new or engaging (for me, anyway).

Barthheart

This is who I see every time I see this thread title....

BanzaiCat

^ Is that from the Tick animated series?

Barthheart

Yes, American Maid.  :bd:

BanzaiCat

Nice reference!  O0

I liked the animated series and the comic too, back in the day.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Tick live action series too...both the old one and the new one that just came out on Amazon Prime.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 03, 2017, 05:55:40 AM
I watched about half of it before I got distracted with other things. It's not bad at all, it's just been done to death before, so there's not much there that's new or engaging (for me, anyway).

Yup, it follows the well-worn tropes of the happy-go-lucky criminal who has zero capacity for analyzing long term repercussions so there aren't a lot of surprises but it's very well made and well acted so if you enjoy this kind of film, this one's a winner.