The Holiday Sales Damage Thread

Started by airboy, November 24, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Nothing in the game department so far, but I'm sure that will change later today.

But I bought two hardware items on sale: a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro to replace my failing one and a 2 TB external portable hard drive for backups. Saved $80 CAD with both.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

I am proud to finally say that I have fired up Pike & Shot campaigns and won my first tutorial engagement...stoked that it is the same engine as Battle Academy but in a highly undergamed era! I have been looking for something like this...forever. Plus Bawb checked in on my status and said there are regular PBEM games going on. Then I downloaded about 25 new scenarios and campaigns for battles and wars that I have never even heard of. As Bawb said this should 'keep me quiet' for the winter.

I may get nothing new at all! And I owe it all to Pike & Shot Campaigns...as well as Sengoku Jidai, which just moved WAY up on must-play list.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Father Ted

Somewhat bizarrely I've picked up Planet Coaster.   Theme parks IRL are not at all my thing, but  the design and management aspects of this piqued my interest.  We'll see...

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on November 26, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 26, 2017, 01:22:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:54:11 PM
^Yeah! Besides Kharak, of course...punk

Besides Kharak,  I do have a couple hundred dollars worth of board games coming next week. And I bought Destiny and Destiny 2 for Xbox last week.

Let me know when you've bought a game...punk.

They have flowed alright.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2017, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
1. Wolfenstein II. Don't remember the exact price, but the discount plus additional reduction from a discount code made it 58% off on Green Man Gaming. And I need a new shooter.
2. Sword Coast Legends 50% off on Steam.
3. Missile Cards 40% off on Steam.
4. Chime Sharp 70% off on Steam.

Thanks AB...I had forgotten about Sword Coast Legends. At $7.49 I'm going to grab it later today.

Same here, nice one AB!

Always happy to spread the wallet damage out to others.  >:D

Bardolph

So far just Assetto Corsa and a bunch of DLC for it. Tried it in the past and it ran very poorly but they've done something to optimize it as it runs reasonably well on my triple screens powered by an ancient vid card now (with everything on low settings but triples is more important than lens flare to me). Had a lot of fun last night in multiplayer on the Nurburgring-Nordschleife with some guys that were around my speed.

Looking at several wargames but haven't jumped yet.

Pete Dero

Sudden Strike 4 + Dunkirk DLC  $ 25.98  (Wingamestore)

Yskonyn

I picked up Empyrion cause it looks interesting. Other than that no buys in the digital realm.
I did buy the new Conan RPG book.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna

CMANO
Project Zomboid
Endless Space 2

eyeing
Flashpoint Campaigns

airboy

Quote from: airboy on November 24, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
I'll start.  I bought a boatload of stuff today because of my upcoming travel.

Matrix:
Espania 1936 + box
Birth of Rome + box
Matrix Damage = $52.92

Steam:
Underrail
Avadon 3 & Hint Book
Sovereignty
Steam Damage = $29.21

Gog
Master of Orion (new edition)
Gog Damage = $10.19

Chaosium
Cthulhu Through the Ages
Secrets of New York
Spawn of Azathoth
The Stars Are Right
Masks of Nyarlathotep
Masks of Nylarlathotep Companion
Chaosium Damage $92.08

Goodman Games
Dungeon Crawl Classics (softback)
Judges Guild Deluxe Collectors Edition (hardback)
Tegal Manor T-Shirt
Goodman Games Damage = 89.99

Total Damage thus far = $274.39

Monday will be my last purchase day.  Chaosium has everything in "the vault" 50% off.

The only "sad" part of my purchases is how many were driven by my allergies.  I have a first edition (box) of Masks of Nyarlathotep and Spawn of Azathoth but I cannot read them due to paper deterioration over 35 years which makes my allergies go nuts.  Ditto with the Judges Guild stuff.  But this time almost all purchases were in electronic form which never triggers my allergies.   :'(

On the bright side, with pdfs I can actually replace my game stuff with things I can read again without getting sick.   O:-)

Plus $60 of 50% off scenarios and monographs from the Chaosium.  This was a round dozen of titles.

This puts me at $334. and I'm done for the season.

It ends up being about $100 in computer games and $234 in RPG materials.  I'm getting back into RPGs and I plan to do so even more after I retire.

Sir Slash

To End All Wars- Breaking the Deadlock add-on for $9. I'm a big spender.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Nothing yet but that will change tonight.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Quote from: jamus34 on November 27, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
Nothing yet but that will change tonight.

Same here, but I have a feeling I'll be breaking that tomorrow.

Possibly some stuff on GOG, and Steam.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Bought Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Syrian Warfare for a total of ~33.00. Held out until I was absolutely sure of what I wanted. May not get anything during the winter sales...until I do :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd