Movies Turning 30 This Year

Started by OJsDad, January 22, 2018, 08:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Totally, TOTALLY agree on Julia Roberts...never saw her appeal.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on January 23, 2018, 10:49:51 AM

+1000
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Agree. My Daddy told me never to get involved with women who's lips are bigger than their boobs. Good advice.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 23, 2018, 11:28:10 AM
Agree. My Daddy told me never to get involved with women who's lips are bigger than their boobs. Good advice.

:DD

The only movie I could stand with her in it is Oceans 11
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

I guess you're not going on any dates with Angelina Jolie either, eh?

Quote from: jamus34 on January 23, 2018, 02:32:57 PM
The only movie I could stand with her in it is Oceans 11

I like Notting Hill, but mainly for Hugh Grant's side of the story, b/c I like London and would love to live there.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

The same advice works for girls with ear rings or noses bigger than their boobs. My Father was a man of very little formal education but infinite wisdom. Thanks again Dad.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 23, 2018, 03:22:08 PM

I guess you're not going on any dates with Angelina Jolie either.

Shit at this point i think her lips are bigger than the rest of her body. And besides Gia I personally never though much of Ms. Voight
Insert witty comment here.

trailrunner

I liked the movie where some guy that she liked was getting married to Cameron Diaz.  I remember it was set in Chicago and Diaz had a karaoke scene.  Do I have the right person?  The right movie?  Or am I completely confused?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: trailrunner on January 23, 2018, 04:57:26 PM

I liked the movie where some guy that she liked was getting married to Cameron Diaz.  I remember it was set in Chicago and Diaz had a karaoke scene.  Do I have the right person?  The right movie?  Or am I completely confused?

that's the right one - Best Friend's Wedding, or something like that.  The "chase" scene where she steals the food truck is kinda funny.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

She's okay as a minor character. Her role(s) in the Oceans ___ series were not bad. As long as she's not the focus of the movie I can stomach her.

Sir Slash

I never bought her as a prostitute in Pretty Woman. See what I did there?  :2funny:

JudgeDredd

I don't care how embarrassing this is

I cried my freakin' eyes out when I watched Beaches  :'(
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I got so sick of Wind Beneath My Wings, though.

mirth

Lord, how I hated Beaches and that stupid song.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I cried the first time I saw The Champ.