ARMA 2 Server - Interest?

Started by DV8, July 19, 2012, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I can't log in.  It just says connecting failed every time.

DV8

Let me try logging and to see what's going on.  Be back in a few.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

DV8

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 24, 2012, 03:38:53 PM
I can't log in.  It just says connecting failed every time.

It worked fine for me.  Have you logged on before?  Also, the VON is working fine.

Huw the Poo

It just doesn't bloody work.  DV8, no, I haven't logged in before.  I'm definitely entering the correct info - it even says Grogheads Arma 2 on the server list.  But every single time, connecting failed.  Not much of an error message is it?

Huw the Poo

Oh wait a minute!  Must be a version mismatch; I could have sworn I'd grabbed 1.60 but apparently not!  How embarrassing.

Just grabbing it now.  You'd think the frigging error message could've been a bit more informative though.  How lazy.

DV8

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 24, 2012, 04:20:32 PM
Oh wait a minute!  Must be a version mismatch; I could have sworn I'd grabbed 1.60 but apparently not!  How embarrassing.

Just grabbing it now.  You'd think the frigging error message could've been a bit more informative though.  How lazy.

I'm glad its a easy fix...

Huw the Poo

Well I got in and had a quick look around.  Got killed a few times.  I kept getting dumped to my desktop with an irritating "out of memory" message from Windows, despite my little sidebar widget saying I was only using around 66% of my RAM. :(

DV8

I have no idea.  Are you running dropbox or anything that require internet access?

TheCommandTent

Have fun session tonight with DV8 and SDR.  Although I think I might have annoyed them when I kept destroying the planes and helicopters in the armory.   ::)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Silent Disapproval Robot

What's the point of having an armory full of weapons if you can't plow stuff up with them?

Anyway, I updated my game to v 1.62 after we finished playing.  Hopefully it's compatible.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: DV8 on July 24, 2012, 05:38:24 PM
I have no idea.  Are you running dropbox or anything that require internet access?

I am running Dropbox but according to task manager it's using about 160MB of RAM.  That wouldn't do it, would it?

TheCommandTent

A view from out multiplayer session last night with DV8, SDR and myself.  You can see evidence of the intense battle being waged for the airfield.  I am making my way to the top of the hill on the left of the shot overlooking the airfield.  From there I am going to ruin some bad guys day with my trust rifle.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

DV8

That was a tough battle.  In the end we lost but it was a great challenge.

DV8

Notice the DV8 was killed at the bottom left.  So sad  :'(

Silent Disapproval Robot

We didn't lose that one!  We were actually turning it around and had retaken the airfield near the end. It was the one in the desert with all the T-72s where we got spanked.  I think I was killed 8 times in as many minutes on that one.

Has the 1.62 patch been released for Steam yet? I installed it on my GG version last night.  It adds lots of new GFX options and looks great!