Total War: Warhammer, or Warhammer II?

Started by Ubercat, June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jomni

I have a problem with Warhammer II. I want to download the free DLC.  But on steam, when I click download it opens the Total War Launcher.
In the game, when I check out the DLCs, it brings me back to Stam but not on the product page.  What kind of joke is this?
:uglystupid2:

jomni

Ok so got them working.  I kept "dancing" between in-game and Steam for each free content.  Then I magically get it.

But that Regiments of Renown got me stumped.  It appears that you need to create a new account on some Total War site to get it.  Maybe I'll pass.

Gusington

I had the same issue with the free dlc just today.

Regiments of Renown I did not have an issue with.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Incidentally, are there any effects to the ultra-campaign by picking up the DLC? (There's two sets.) I mean if you aren't playing pirates, high elves, and/or dark elves.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I did read that the new Pirates of the Vampire Coast will be encountered by all players, playable just for those who pay, of course.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

I just picked up I and II late last night. I hope I enjoy it.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

I have enjoyed both but not being a huge fan of the lore, I usually feel a little lost.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 08, 2018, 10:08:30 PM
I have enjoyed both but not being a huge fan of the lore, I usually feel a little lost.

I don't know the lore but thought it may be fairly standard fare fantasy stuff, which I do enjoy.
When dongles fly? - mirth

jomni

Don't know the lore as well. But it's pretty standard fantasy.

Sir Slash

Also don't know the lore but Warhammer I was very polished and fun to play. I'd like to get the second game but I can't beat the first one so.... think I'll wait a bit. Though I was glad to see the price finally coming down a bit.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I haven't won a game yet in the first or second game. Next try is the Vampire Counts. Soon!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 09, 2018, 10:12:32 AM
I haven't won a game yet in the first or second game. Next try is the Vampire Counts. Soon!

That's very encouraging. Too many games are a pushover. I haven't played it yet but spent a good part of an evening getting the dlc's installed. Looks like there are some good mods on the Steam Workshop too.

Gus, do you recommend any mods that are a must have?
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

Problem is I have used many, many mods and haven't played in a while, so I don't remember.

For the more historical games, mods from Radious are always very good but I don't know if that's the case for the WH games.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Ok, so I loaded up the Mortal Empire campaign and I realize I have no idea of what the hell I'm doing. Sure is a lot of buttons and screens. Maybe the other campaign would be better to start from?
When dongles fly? - mirth