My Life Sucks - Not Really

Started by airboy, July 12, 2018, 05:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Quite. It is one of the more frightening things I have had to use. And that septic smell...gah

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I had to help my landlord clear the sewer line in my basement. Not a lot of fun.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Another member of the, "Not Handy Club."  My dad knew the right end of the screwdriver was the one you drink from.  My mom's dad was a small time tinkerer, but the only thing I really learned from him was how to mow his lawn.  I can follow instructions though and YouTube is pretty handy.  The last neat "manly," thing I did was controlled burning of the field behind the house.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

'Controlled burn' of anything makes you handy if you and no one else died.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

These are all great stories... you all are more handy than you think.  \m/

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Staggerwing

Anyone else here ever own a copy of this, or it's Rabbit & Subaru follow-ups?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^My...Grandpa did. Sorry 'Wing. He had a '65 Beetle.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

trailrunner

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 03, 2018, 07:30:02 PM
Anyone else here ever own a copy of this, or it's Rabbit & Subaru follow-ups?

My dad used that book to rebuild a 1968 VW square back.

I had a very similar book for my Jeep, which was a 1977 CJ-7.  This photo was from about 1985 in Baja California.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2018, 07:40:57 PM
^My...Grandpa did. Sorry 'Wing. He had a '65 Beetle.

VWs I've owned:
    65 Microbus (pop-up front windows, hinged double-side door)
    72 Camper bus (the one that needed the defroster ducting redone) 
    73 Microbus (factory orange)
    75 Beetle (fuel injected, made concurrent to the Superbeetle for the first few years)
    79 Diesel Rabbit
    81 Diesel Rabbit (got pancaked between a big stopped Oldsmabuick and a big moving delivery van at an icy traffic light.)
    81 Scirocco, last year it was made with the one giant windshield wiper. Really wide wheel base, cornered like a La Mans car)

Quote from: trailrunner on August 03, 2018, 07:47:34 PM
My dad used that book to rebuild a 1968 VW square back.

I had a very similar book for my Jeep, which was a 1977 CJ-7.  This photo was from about 1985 in Baja California.

Nice looking CJ. Those Jeeps were an entirely different animal than the current Wrangler line, which IIRC was designed around the Cherokee chassis and drive train.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Gusington

^That Jeep is A Man's Jeep.

I thought Sciroccos were made until the late '80s...

...they were!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Scirocco#Second_generation_(1981%E2%80%931992)

You were talking about the 1st generation. I also didn't know that they introduced the name to a new car (which looks pretty awesome but not available in the US):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Scirocco#Third_generation_(2008%E2%80%932017)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

This is what my Scirocco looked like:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My washer might get fixed on the ninth. 

I can paint really well.  I painted as a job during college.