UBOAT, WW2 subsim 4/30/19 on Steam

Started by glen55, April 20, 2019, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Great AAR, btw!  :bd:

I don't think the compressors would have worked for recreating reserve to blow the tanks? -- not when trapped underwater. What would they be compressing, the air the crew is breathing?? I know there's an electric compressor, but is even that supposed to be used underwater? (Seems more like it would be used above water if the diesels were currently kaput.)

I think the ventilator in the diesel engine room could be used to scrub carbon dioxide out of the air for the crew and extend their breathing time. There are special filters which the sub starts out with in the storage locker(s). (I say "lockers" because I have difficulty believing the sub keeps extra 88mm cannon shells in the galley cupboard. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

True about the compressor...  #:-)

Yeah... but the engine room was flood with water and toxic gas so ventilator was out of reach...
I've seen breathers for working under water but couldn't find them again when I needed them... or maybe I only saw them at the port supply depot and forgot to buy any...?

Skoop

You get two breathers by default, they are in the mass storage locker near the galley where everything is kept.  They do degrade over use and will have to be replaced overtime.  Ive seen the crew donne them automatically when I ordered them into the IDH compartment.

Barthheart

Yeah... that's what I thought... but didn't happen automatically last night... and I couldn't find them.... maybe they go destroyed in the bombing.

JasonPratt

The crew will don them and maybe go get them first (maybe with random competency variations?), if you simply order them to go into the compartment and do something there.

If you're playing a crewman, he'll automatically don it if he has it, but you have to go get one first to carry. (There are effectively two slots, one in a backpack and one on a belt as a tool or weapon slot).

In my games, the breathers have always been in the officer locker with the diving gear, right next to the head of the captain's bunk. They are not in the galley transcendental storage locker system ;) -- not unless I drop them off or add some there.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

I've got a running joke in my games so far, by the way, that until I find an actual "brig", then the toilets (I've found two) must be the brig.  >:D

Ian C

Patch is out! https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=494840

PATCH B117

Liebe Kapitäne,

as we promised, you have not waited for a new patch for too long! Update B117 is out and it is quite impressive as it deals with many common issues that you've often mentioned in your valuable feedback.

Thank you again for being vocal and active. It helps us make UBOAT better.

What have we changed, you wonder? Here's a changelog:

Worked around the engine's internal per-frame memory allocation. Probably fixes most crashes that were occurring during gameplay.

Alarms now persist for longer. The crew doesn't forget about the enemy when they lost him from the sight for a second.

Quite a big RAM and VRAM optimizations.

Ships following convoy route were occasionally moving backwards or staying in one place after their allies got hit. This should no longer happen.

Wreckages weren't spawning at the exact location of the sunk ship.

F-class destroyers had erroneous rudder settings leading to very odd behavior.

After loading game state, the budget was incorrectly being displayed as zero.

Damaging own ship no longer makes player hostile to Germany.

Discipline was rebalanced: it's being drained more slowly during alarms, food variety no longer provides discipline bonus during alarms, discipline is being reset to a higher value after depletion. Discipline is still being a big problem at very large depths by design.

Calming down panicked sailors now works correctly.

Corrupted island in the middle of the Celtic Sea.

Food consumption rate was lowered by 33%.

Newly recruited officers weren't appearing in the TAB menu.

TAB menu wasn't working after loading a game state.

It's no longer possible to damage own u-boat with a deck gun.

Upgrade screen wasn't working with "FPP Only" gameplay mode.

Sandbox progression was sometimes impossible because new assignments couldn't be selected.

Saving game state fixes.

Few minor errors.

Please do enjoy the game and if you encounter any issues, be sure to post about them in this dedicated thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/494840/discussions/1/1649917420740942865/

As you may think, we're not done yet. We are working on further polish, optimization and we're ready to deal with anything to make UBOAT the best possible experience.

Thank you for your ongoing support!

Yours,
Deep Water Studio

Skoop

This patch really helped for me.  My game was dead in the water with loading a save causing an instant ctd.  Went through a mission after the patch and it was pretty bug free from start to finish.

trek

Heads Up! On the Steam Discussion Forum the first Mod is already up. It gives you "Accurate Caps and Flags."  When you bring up the discussion forum page look on the box on the right side of the screen and look down at the Mods heading. You will see that one mod listed.

That is all, the smoking lamp is now lit.

Pete Dero

Some decent tutorials I found : (a playlist of 16 short videos explaining many topics)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLckM-39CDDjDdCPbTh5eDvvPFUNJWeghN

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on May 04, 2019, 01:58:36 PM
Heads Up! On the Steam Discussion Forum the first Mod is already up. It gives you "Accurate Caps and Flags."  When you bring up the discussion forum page look on the box on the right side of the screen and look down at the Mods heading. You will see that one mod listed.

That is all, the smoking lamp is now lit.

For some reason, the mod kept crashing my game on startup. Had to revert back.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 04, 2019, 03:02:30 PM
For some reason, the mod kept crashing my game on startup. Had to revert back.

Mod was made for v116 and current version is v117  (and v118 is available in beta)

With the frequent updates modding is difficult.  They said they will add workshop support in the summer.

Barthheart

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 04, 2019, 02:45:45 PM
Some decent tutorials I found : (a playlist of 16 short videos explaining many topics)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLckM-39CDDjDdCPbTh5eDvvPFUNJWeghN

Thanks for posting. Some good tips and quickly shown.

JasonPratt

Well, I had intended to upload my 30 minute sandbox part 1 walkaround today, but my internet went out last night and only came back a few minutes ago (and is still acting rather unstable).

Assuming things are still kind of stable I could upload it tomorrow morning while I'm off doing church and other things. With other videos available however, is there even any interest?  ???

Huw the Poo

Yes!  I want to see my heroic self in action!