Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

devoncop

Thats a bummer Gus.

In this game rebellions do happen but for a reason.

I see your Kingdom Stability is at a pretty shocking -40  :hide: so a big rebellion would be pretty much guaranteed. A very small rebellion will grow and grow unless it is stomped early. If you defeat the stack containing the rebellion leader the other stacks seem to disperse so that first rebellious stack is crucial.

I am wondering if anything in particular may have triggered the issues. Were you at war for a heck of a long time (war exhaustion hits stability hard), an old King just die ? Any espionage issues inside the country as one spy action allows you  or the AI nations to instigate a rebellion inside a country ? A few (recently conquered) provinces with unhappy populations can also hurt Stability.




http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

#226
That's bad...how did you manage to get to -40 of Kingdom stability  :o? And you are playing at 4x the time speed? THAT's FAST  :o. I am still playing my first game on normal speed.

And you're not making any gold either (+6). You need to send your merchants to other kingdoms so they can trade for gold...they don't seem to be doing anything.

devoncop

Newcastle and Ulster are now under the control of the Scottish Crown :bd:

I peaced out with England as I need to get Stability back to a healthy level. It has come back from -23 to -16 but I could ironically do with a rebellion springing up as once my loyal forces crush it the Stability get a nice temporary boost.

It is evident that trying to play this game like Total War will doom you. Priests are very valuable in managing the happiness of your population and bolstering your culture.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I invaded a neighbor (Transylvania) and it took a while to take them down but I eventually did after a few failed attempts at pacification. Then one of my knights and best general rebelled against me - I guess because I did not put down my neighbor fast enough? And from there it just snowballed into a nightmare of rebel doom stacks traversing my kingdom, burning everything (thus the low money) and foreign intervention from Hungary, Bulgaria and one other kingdom that begins with a 'Z' whose name escapes me. Then it just became an orgy of looting and destruction and here we are :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

#229
Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2022, 10:05:06 PM
After making a few kingdom upgrades and kind of feeling ok about myself, all hell broke loose with a massive rebellion in my fiefdom and in all the surrounding provinces too. Anyone else seen this? Still playing on 'easy' too  :buck2:


This is why:




You have to be careful that the opinions of your Nobility, Army, Merchants, Clergy and Peasants don't fall too low or you'll have trouble. From the looks of your screen shot, your Nobilty and Merchants hate you. Most important though, your Crown Authority is at the lowest possible and that means disaster. You can improve it by various actions and also by clicking on the crown icon and spending gold and Piety. The lower or higher it is, the more buffs/de-buffs you get to stability, economy etc.

Improving opinions of the various groups comes from sending out your Knights to perform successful actions, trading, making pacts etc. 



Ian C

#230
Quote from: solops on December 20, 2022, 12:07:44 AM
But there is absolutely no excuse for a strategic level game not to give you time for review, organization and execution.

But it does, you can pause and also slow time to a crawl and still issue commands and perform all actions.

Gusington

My crown authority was around +25 when I started last night's session when I was feeling pretty ok about myself and then within an hour plummeted to what you see above.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

#232
There's a pause button and you can issue orders while paused. Also there is 3 different speeds.

Edit: Sorry I posted this without realizings there was another page of posts to read!

Gusington

I know, I've been using them without prejudice. My biggest obstacle here is learning the trade and commerce systems while trying to juggle everything else.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Give Scotland a go Gus. ...1170 start. Not surrounded by enemies as you are in the Balkans  :)

Get friendly with England and you are set until you are ready to move with a nice strong economy.

To be fair any similarly sized country on the extremities of the map may well suit .

Definitely develop your trade though, cash can dig you out of a lot of problems?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Ian C

Quote from: bobarossa on December 20, 2022, 08:05:05 AM
There's a pause button and you can issue orders while paused. Also there is 3 different speeds.

There's actually four speeds. If you press '+' on your keyboard at speed 4, it goes even faster. You can't access the higher speed from the GUI, only the '+' key.


Ian C

#236
Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2022, 08:16:55 AM
I know, I've been using them without prejudice. My biggest obstacle here is learning the trade and commerce systems while trying to juggle everything else.

I'm having a blast with an English campaign on Easy Difficulty and I think I mastered most of it. They way I did it was to first play a practice game using cheats so I could play around with all the systems without any pressure.
I'd recommend you try a practice game and have fun constructing things and seeing how it all works.

Guide to cheats:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2901456442


Once you've set up the console (see link above), type in  cl 3  to set the highest cheat level then pick your poison. I found that just adding books, piety and gold were good enough for testing purposes, and spawning armies in a pinch.

TIP: you don't have to re-type a cheat every time you need it, with the console open, press the up or down arrows on your keyboard to select cheats you previously typed in and then press enter to select it.


COMMON CHEATS

Pressing  I  will spawn an Army where your mouse cursor is.

Selecting an army and pressing DEL will delete it.


gold X
Sets the gold of the player kingdom to X  (e.g. gold 100000)

piety X
Sets the piety of the player kingdom to X, (maxes out at 1000)

books X
Sets the books of the players kingdom to X. (maxes out at 1000)

spawn_pop X
Gives X population to the selected realm/province.

conquer
Conquers the selected kingdom.

max X
Levels up the selected characters skill. If X is 1, all skills are levelled up. If X is 0, a random skill is levelled up.

W8taminute

^Now that's the responsible way to use cheats in any game.  Design of Experiment [DOE]
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Super helpful, thanks Ian. I hesitate to use cheats almost all of the time, maybe I will here.

Now that I've cooled down from my rage quit last night, maybe I salvage my Moldavia campaign?

If not, I will try to find an Eastern European equivalent to Scotland. I was hoping Moldavia would be it but clearly if Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria are targeting me, it is less than fun. The sheer speed that things went downhill was incredible.

I really want to get better at this game because larger kingdoms look super fun to play as.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

#239
No cheats, I just finished my second game with a victory. I got a Kingdom Advantages victory after producing all goods. Once you fill each of those areas you get some good buffs.

I'm not sure how repeatable it is or if I got lucky but I'm confident I've grasped everything I need to play well.

I'm choosing to continue also to see how far I can extend my nation. I think there's no end date on this and it could be a huge campaign, especially going head-to-head with the other big empires.

I'm also going to start a new game on normal difficulty with no starting buffs and see how far I can go.