Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

They could also probably implement some kind of seasons system but it would probably get more annoying than charming.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C


bobarossa

Had to install GOG Galaxy in order to update my game!  No update files had been posted to the download section since game was released.  Bastards.
Had to watcch some videos.  Aragon declared war on me and couldn't figure out how to create an army but saw it in a video.

Gusington

Thanks for the above, Ian - it will aid in my ongoing struggle.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 02:17:25 PM
Thanks for the above, Ian - it will aid in my ongoing struggle.

You're welcome. Mine too. I'm diving in again...

Gusington

 :bd: I'm still in the last throes of my Moldavian campaign. One province left. Either because I chose easy difficulty or I am just proficient enough to survive, the campaign has not ended yet.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 05:31:18 PM
:bd: I'm still in the last throes of my Moldavian campaign. One province left. Either because I chose easy difficulty or I am just proficient enough to survive, the campaign has not ended yet.

It's the Knights of St John and Malta all over again :).

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

But less romantic? And more...Eastern.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Campaign finally ended. That was so painful. I think I have absorbed some knowledge of the workings of this game but damn if it is not totally unforgiving. I am going to take a breather for now, but I don't want to step away too long where I forget everything I took in by osmosis here.

Are you all starting campaigns with big stacks of gold? I did learn that I should have been doing that and started all three of my campaigns with literally no gold and built up wealth from zero, which is probably the most major factor in my struggle learning this game.

Towards the end, I rebuilt up my economy enough where I was able to start importing a few things, upgrade my infrastructure and build an army, but I again found myself with only one province. I invaded Vinnytsia to attempt to take back my home province but they were allied with Hungary, who promptly swooped in and destroyed me. Finally.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

I guess you just don't have a Cluj how to play! :D

I'm going to try a bigger country this time.  My brief stint with Navarro was doomed when three larger countries declared on me.  But a got a partial feel for the superficial workings of the game.  Really need to plan my building choices.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Actually you have a much better Cluj than I do.  I had to go watch a video just to create an army!

undercovergeek

Doing ok so far with Genoa

I've entered the great power list, am number 1 for trade and commerce and domination

My armies are feared across the land despite only taking on Venice and Sardinia - lots of defensive pacts have been signed against me

Germany has been excommunicated and is full of rebels but still expanding and Hungary is massive

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 05:30:32 PMI think I have absorbed some knowledge of the workings of this game but damn if it is not totally unforgiving.

I am firmly of the opinion that 'Normal' Difficulty is 'Hard' and 'Easy' difficulty is in fact 'Normal'.




Gusington

^This alleviates the self-dread and negative waves that the game was beginning to produce for me. That and Bob's Cluj revision above :)

Now to pick another kingdom to play as. Is it cheating if I start with 20k in gold or is that standard operating procedure for you fellers?

And 'Geek, in summary, what is the secret to your success here? Please don't say 'git gud.'

I need KoH2 but I need to not suck!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd