Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I'm used to the whole 'surrounded by enemies' thing...in life as in KoH2.

I am choosing a 'high' amount of gold as opposed to 'normal' or 'very high'...is that equal to the 8000 crowns that Ian mentioned above?

Thinking back to the Total War games, at the start of most campaigns the player gets a big stash of gold to start out, like 5000 or 8000, so by not doing that I was really shooting myself in the foot.

Excited to start as Austria! Could be epic. And those could be some very poignant last words a week from now :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

I just noticed Austria starts as a vassal of Germany in both the 1200's and the 1300's start and does not exist in the 1100's start :(

That could be really tricky but I will give it a go as the 1300's start and try and aim for independence and to make a break from Germany mid to long term if I last that long....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Me too - not sure how much the vassalage will hurt or hinder me...could be cool to see how we both do.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 30, 2022, 08:31:07 AM
Does anyone know what happens to the army of your king leading them dies

My current martial king is looking decidedly wobbly and he has a good army with him

I know when I accidentally let a martial go with 2 squads they disappeared too

I'll have to double check my game but my when my king died, who was a marshal with some units, he was in a city.  The troops remained in the city and I just transferred them to another marshal. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Ok I lied and took Croatia. However I must have learned some skillz because my campaign is going swimmingly after a couple of hours...I'm even in the top rankings for making serious coin! Glad I stuck with this and did not quit in a nerdrage.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Wow I really have turned my game around here.  :dreamer:

And in a strange twist, all of my military success has been against Austria as Croatia in this campaign, in what has amounted to be a general European war against Austria and Germany, allied with Ragusa, Bosnia, Bavaria, Naples, Venice and Hungary.

And the cash keeps rolling in. Finally.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Is that -8 with the armies happiness

What have you done?? 😂

Gusington

I didn't use them enough, they were antsy. I took two provinces away from Austria and they are down to only Vienna now, so I have four provinces of my own. I also set up a minor victory condition of earning 20,000 gold which now seems doable. This game is so much more fun when I can actually 'git gud.'

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Doing nicely there Gus  :bd:

My Austrian game could end the same way for Austria as in your game. Starting with default cash meant no money for a barracks as yet so the diplomats are having to work overtime.

Have a non aggression pact with Croatia but Hungary and Germany hate each other so I am likely to be the meat in the sandwich I fear.

Gusington

^Yeah I wonder if there is a hard-coded hatred programmed into the AI between Hungary and Germany.

As you can see I got caught in the same situation but lucked out to be on the more winning side. I have more allies coming to my aid in this game than in the others combined, by a long shot.

Next game I may make a minor victory condition through claiming 5 provinces, that sounds fun. I do like the variety of options available so the campaigns don't go on forever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Hungary and Germany are great big lovers in my game - it's a powerful band right across Central Europe

W8taminute

That's a healthy economy you have their Gus.  Seems like you're short on food though.  You must have a large standing army.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 02, 2023, 09:02:25 AM
Hungary and Germany are great big lovers in my game - it's a powerful band right across Central Europe

Good to hear.

The replayability in this game is amazing.

undercovergeek

They've both been excommunicated and have massive internal trouble with rebels but any country who tries to take advantage of their situation loses and they are both expanding

Gusington

^Since you mention that, Germany has been excommunicated by multiple Popes in my current game and with the Vatican's blessing, I have been dismantling Austria, little brother of Germany. That has probably helped.

W8 yeah I have two large 'stacks' and healthy garrisons at my cities, which helps put down pesky Austrians when needed. I am just elated that I have unlocked the part of my brain that is starting to understand the interlocking economic relationships. Still trying to acquire salt, though :/

Agreed on the replayability of KoH2 but I wonder, just like in the Total War games, how different each kingdom/faction really is...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd