Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

W8taminute

In Soviet Russia, patriotic wars WW2 you!


W8taminute ducks for cover and runs away
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2022, 12:03:48 PM
DevonCop once I get a handle on Old World, I am thinking of trying as Persia, if they are a playable faction...now that I stop and think, I am not sure if they are...

Gus...you are in luck !

The factions that are playable are

Persia, Babylon, Greece,Rome, Egypt Assyria and Carthage  :bd:

Gauls,Sythians,Danes ets are non playable tribes plus there are non aligned barbarians.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Nice! Very much looking forward to playing Persia, then, especially if they turn out to be as well fleshed-out as other factions I've seen in features/previews.

Macedon is playable too, eh? Asking for a friend.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: bobarossa on May 16, 2022, 11:44:35 AM
Spoken like a true Grog.  I think the simplest answer is that they only had one front so it was the Front.

Another simple answer, with historical backing I can trace (via Churchill's memoirs for example) is that the Soviets regarded their front as the First Front, and other fronts as the Second or Third Front. Thus Stalin was always trying to get the West to open up a Second Font, and he didn't much like acknowledging the Mediterranean as the Second Front with France (north and south) being the Third Front.

For diplomatic reasons, Churchill pivoted soon to calling the buildup for Overlord the Second Front being already in existence, since the buildup tended to pin Nazi divisions on guard, and promoted the Sicily/Italy/Aegean area (hopefully, but futilely) as the Third Front. Stalin accepted this better.

Another simple answer with historical backing, is that all three of the Big Three oriented their focus against Hitler, and so among themselves called the directional fronts in relation to Hitler's perspective: Britain and the US (and France eventually) on the West Front, Soviets on the East Front.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2022, 02:07:11 PM
^Nice! Very much looking forward to playing Persia, then, especially if they turn out to be as well fleshed-out as other factions I've seen in features/previews.

Macedon is playable too, eh? Asking for a friend.

Greece is playable under Philip with Alexander as his initial heir. No Macedon as such.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

That's fine. The new Heroes of the Aegean DLC looks quite choice.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Great news dropped today via Rob at Explorminate. New faction added to co-incide with the Steam release. The Hittites 👍.

Great to see more free extra factions.

Bring on the Chariots

Ian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^You delight and tickle me on what has otherwise been a crap day.

I have never played as or against a Hittite faction in any pc game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

#173
Not to derail the thread, but I looked at other titles the publisher, "Hooded Horse" has in its Steam pipeline...some very good things coming in the next year or so.

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/HoodedHorse/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

^'Fragile Existence' - I can very much identify with that one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

#175
Quote from: ArizonaTank on May 18, 2022, 01:49:55 PM
Not to derail the thread, but I looked at other titles the publisher, "Hooded Horse" has in its Steam pipeline...some very good things coming in the next year or so.

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/HoodedHorse/

I agree.  There is a lot of hype/hope for Falling Frontier from the "Freelancer" crowd (though I am not a fan of such games personally) , but I like the look of  Espiocracy ...which looks like it may be a board game adaptation but which may need a lot of effort on its AI given it covers the whole world..
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

devoncop

Old World is already live on Steam for download early this morning in the UK.

Nice surprise.

Thats my day sorted  :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

^I just got an email notification as well.  Can't wait to go home from work today. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I am working from home today but actually...working :(

I don't know why, but I thought Heroes of the Aegean was free DLC...it's 10.00 on Steam. There is a 10% discount which brings the original game down to 36.00, so total is 46.

Little pricey but I have been looking forward to this for so long that I can barely hear my wallet complaining.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

The blurb on the hittite trailer does say it's free for 2 weeks to new and existing buyers of old world