Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: Geezer on May 19, 2022, 10:46:37 AM
@devoncoop.  Is any of that detail explained anywhere or do you have to figure it out by trail and error?  Thanks.

The manual explains it all.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Manual?? bwahaha

Thank you for the above devoncop!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

devoncop

The manual by the way is very well put together and comes with strategy tips in each section it is explaining.

As an example in the section on managing discontent in your Empire it points out that the effectiveness of your troops varies depending upon how happy the family that recruited them are with your current leader. A very happy family can boost their troops effectiveness by up to 20% so the effect is not insignificant.

Edit : Because I am an a good egg I checked the Steam Workshop and it is already populated with over 40 mods including two for new nations, the Byzantines and the Mauryans...so there you go Gus.

Gusington

^Are you messing with me? Byzantines you say??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

I didn't read all 14 pages here but I take it the overall consensus is that it's a winner?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

There are some very minor quibbles from the gallery but otherwise I say you can purchase with confidence.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

OK, thanks.  Sounds like a Happy Birthday preset to me coming on Sunday.   :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Geezer on May 19, 2022, 12:49:03 PM

My birthday is also Sunday Geezer but because I asked for a replenishment of my whisky stocks from my wife for my birthday I got the bonus of beingcable to buy it today for myself as an early birthday present from me to me  <:-)

W8taminute

I wonder if there will be a WW2 mod for this game?   :)

Ok, I know, the game only covers the ancient and classical ages but hey, a gamer can dream right?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Geezer

Quote from: devoncop on May 19, 2022, 12:55:10 PM
Quote from: Geezer on May 19, 2022, 12:49:03 PM

My birthday is also Sunday Geezer but because I asked for a replenishment of my whisky stocks from my wife for my birthday I got the bonus of beingcable to buy it today for myself as an early birthday present from me to me  <:-)

Good thinking!  I could probably buy it today too and nobody would know but me.   ;)

Gusington

...and everyone else viewing this thread. We're good fellers, though. Well except for that guy in the back there. No not him...the other guy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2022, 02:38:01 PM
...and everyone else viewing this thread. We're good fellers, though. Well except for that guy in the back there. No not him...the other guy.

My family would never associate with you louts.   ::)

FarAway Sooner

My wife would mock us all for being total nerds.  My son would say, "They're like Dad, but even crazier."  His little sister would just say, "I don't know why you all have any problems.  They're just like Daddy, and he's sweet."

The daughter's only mean to me when she wants something and other people aren't around.    ;D