It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

But I want to be good at games like these! :/ I'm just...not
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

You make a fine tail gunner!  Those cloud banks never stood a chance.

SirAndrewD

Finally got AC Odyssey.  Man I had fun with that today. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Love that game. Got a little burned out on it after about 90 hours but it's nothing a break won't fix.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Was in the mood for some bad RTS for $3 - $10.
Blitzkrieg 3 - bad
Sudden Strike 4 = bad

lol. Been wanting to try them for a while now and am sure glad I have Steel Division 1 and 2.
Feeling vindicated.

Did I mention I also got Imperator Rome and so far I don't mind it but am really disappointed with the lack of historical troops types. Everything seems to have been rationalised down to heavy or light. Is there a DLC that fixes this before the sales stop? Because I do like the game.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Destraex on June 27, 2020, 10:55:17 PM
Was in the mood for some bad RTS for $3 - $10.
Blitzkrieg 3 - bad
Sudden Strike 4 = bad

lol. Been wanting to try them for a while now and am sure glad I have Steel Division 1 and 2.
Feeling vindicated.

Did I mention I also got Imperator Rome and so far I don't mind it but am really disappointed with the lack of historical troops types. Everything seems to have been rationalised down to heavy or light. Is there a DLC that fixes this before the sales stop? Because I do like the game.

Don't think there is any DLC that does that but you might browse through the workshop and check the mods.

Myrmidon

I've been hooked on Dominions 5 multiplayer lately, but I went ahead and picked up all the Field of Glory 2 DLCs at 50% off.  I know I'll be getting back into to it soon enough, and am looking forward to trying out the different eras now.

Geezer

#67
Is Steam down?  I keep getting a connection error.  Offline mode works.

Edit - Weird.  After going into offline mode I was able to go online, but couldn't go online directly.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Geezer on June 28, 2020, 07:07:49 AM
Is Steam down?  I keep getting a connection error.  Offline mode works.

Edit - Weird.  After going into offline mode I was able to go online, but couldn't go online directly.

Working fine for me...can go straight in

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 28, 2020, 07:41:12 AM
Quote from: Geezer on June 28, 2020, 07:07:49 AM
Is Steam down?  I keep getting a connection error.  Offline mode works.

Edit - Weird.  After going into offline mode I was able to go online, but couldn't go online directly.

Working fine for me...can go straight in

+1

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2020, 08:11:16 PM
But I want to be good at games like these! :/ I'm just...not

Maybe you should just pilot a Tripod and melt down the HMS Thunderchild instead :P

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tpek on June 28, 2020, 07:46:33 PM
Maybe you should just pilot a Tripod and melt down the HMS Thunderchild instead :P

OoohLAaaa
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Toonces and the rest of you lot should be proud. I re-installed Rise of Flight today thinking I would possibly get the Ilya Marmomets DLC for it (big ass Russian bomber) because it's on sale for 6 dollah. When I fired it up I realized that I have never bought a DLC pack for it, so most of the campaign missions are off limits to me...to which I promptly said 'f this.'

So I went and fired up Wings Over Flanders Fields (Ultimate Edition) just now for a few minutes instead. This game is just huge, and intimidating. I need to futz with the parameters so I don't immediately plummet to earth. But at least I saved some cash and am now getting primed to try WoFF once again.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I was so enamored for AC Odyssey I got Black Flag as well. 

Current haul..

Terminator Resistance
AC Odyssey Deluxe with AC III
AC IV Black Flag
Nexus the Jupiter Incident
Arma 3 Global Mobilization
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
Tabletop Simulator 4 pack (gifted to wife and some of my friends)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

I remember Nexus SirAndrew....never made it far but it was an interesting concept.
Insert witty comment here.