Horshack kicked the bucket!

Started by Centurion40, August 14, 2012, 01:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Centurion40

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/14/showbiz/obit-palillo/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Quote
(CNN) -- Actor Ron Palillo, who played class clown Arnold Horshack on the 1970s television comedy "Welcome Back, Kotter," has died at age 63, his agent said Tuesday.

Palillo died of a heart attack in the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, area, where he had moved to live near his mother and was active in the theater, his agent, Scott Stander, told CNN.

Another Sweathog bites the dust....
Any time is a good time for pie.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

W8taminute

First Epstein, now Horshack.  :(
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

For being such a dorky show (in retrospect) it sure seems iconic.

RIP and thanks for the entertainment.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

#5
RIP Horshack  :-[

As a side note, when I watched the show as a kid I always though Mrs Kotter was kinda hot....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MIGMaster

 :( One of those classic shows that had a lasting impact on popular culture!

Centurion40

Quote from: steve58 on August 14, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
RIP Horshack  :-[

As a side note, when I watched the show as a kid I always though Mrs Kotter was kinda hot....

She was more than just kinda hot, IMHO!
Any time is a good time for pie.

W8taminute

I have to admit, I had a crush on Mrs. Kotter as well.  But I really had the hots for Pinky Tuscadero.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MIGMaster


Centurion40

Oh yeah.  She can jump my shark, any day.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Don't forget her little sister, Leather Tuscadero (Suzy Quatro):


Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Who played Mrs. Kotter? BTW Welcome Back Kotter was set at my rival high school...Lafayette High School. I went to Lincoln. Yeah no one asked but I wanted to state that anyway.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

#13
Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
Who played Mrs. Kotter? BTW Welcome Back Kotter was set at my rival high school...Lafayette High School. I went to Lincoln. Yeah no one asked but I wanted to state that anyway.

Marcia Strassman (sp?).  See my post further up.  There's a link to her from 1975...so Did Lincoln have their version of the Sweathogs?  Were you Lincoln's Vinnie?   ;D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

My junior high school and high school friends are my closest friends to this day, 25 years later! Out of the bunch I am most definitely Horshack. Maybe with a dash of Epstein.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd