Distant Worlds 2 Formal Announcement

Started by Jarhead0331, January 26, 2021, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on January 28, 2022, 12:38:20 PM
True, but I was thinking more along the lines of them releasing smaller DLCs of new races, kinda like what they do in the Civilization and Stellaris series.

This quote from Erik Rutkins confirms that races missing from the game at launch will eventually be added back into the game as DLCs/expansions.  :clap:

Quote
The 7 factions in DW2 took us much, much more time than the 20 in DW1. We tried to pick a representative sample of the DW2 factions that would give a wide variety of playstyles. We plan to add more of the DW2 factions in post-release DLCs/Expansions as time allows, eventually getting all back in. Those that are not currently playable are still in as independents and if you add them to your empire and they grow to a large enough population, you can also benefit from their bonuses and their troop/colonization types.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=5139256
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Never a doubt they would be dlc:). No issue with that



Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 10, 2022, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 10, 2022, 11:59:29 AM
Pre order up, $44.99...seems fair.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/distant-worlds-2

I paid more for the first one.

Yep, I was a little surprised it wasn't more, maybe because of less factions included and supports having more DLC afterwards or just a sign of changing times...either way, no issue with it myself.

CJReich46

#95
 :D

Wooohoo! I have my anniversary coupon + the 10% already on the pre-order and I'll pay less than I did when I bought Distant Worlds 1.

Done! 26.00!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

^Yes, there is a pre-order discount of 10% that everybody should take advantage of!  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


devoncop

Just be aware that the Matrix price, even with the  10%  duscount is still 10% more expensive than the Steam preorder price which is just over 29 UK pounds and a great price in my opinion.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tripoli

Quote from: devoncop on February 10, 2022, 02:17:42 PM
Just be aware that the Matrix price, even with the  10%  duscount is still 10% more expensive than the Steam preorder price which is just over 29 UK pounds and a great price in my opinion.

I think that may be a reflection of the dollar exchange rate.  They are the same price here in the US
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

Finally bought it from Fanatical at a great 20% off ...so just over £26 in Sterling.

Very happy with that as expected the price to be double that.

Now the impatient wzit until release on 10th March......
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

FarAway Sooner

I just bought my first pre-ordered game since Galactic Civilizations 2 back in the early 2000s!  Got it on Steam at 10% off due to their Slytherine sale for $44.95. 

I'd really prefer to preorder that stuff directly from Matrix and cut out the middle man, but due to the crappy timing and quick expiration of my anniversary coupon, I decided to betray my beliefs and buy on Steam.  That, and the separate Matrix launcher that won't even close when I activate the main app is just annoying.

First world problems for sure!  I'm almost tempted not to play it for a month or two, just to let them work out the bugs and nerf stuff.  Lord knows DW I benefitted from A LOT of polishing before becoming the gem that it was. 

Why did I pre-order it then?  I guess I just felt like making a Leap of Faith!

Grim.Reaper

#101
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 11, 2022, 12:28:43 PM
I'd really prefer to preorder that stuff directly from Matrix and cut out the middle man, but due to the crappy timing and quick expiration of my anniversary coupon, I decided to betray my beliefs and buy on Steam.  That, and the separate Matrix launcher that won't even close when I activate the main app is just annoying.

h!

if you buy from Matrix, you get both a Matrix key and Steam key...Matrix also had the same price.  I actually already received my Steam key and was able to activate it...of course can't play yet.  Therefore, best of both worlds but if you never plan to play the non-Steam version, then probably doesn't make a difference.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 11, 2022, 12:35:03 PM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 11, 2022, 12:28:43 PM
I'd really prefer to preorder that stuff directly from Matrix and cut out the middle man, but due to the crappy timing and quick expiration of my anniversary coupon, I decided to betray my beliefs and buy on Steam.  That, and the separate Matrix launcher that won't even close when I activate the main app is just annoying.

h!

if you buy from Matrix, you get both a Matrix key and Steam key...Matrix also had the same price.  I actually already received my Steam key and was able to activate it...of course can't play yet.  Therefore, best of both worlds but if you never plan to play the non-Steam version, then probably doesn't make a difference.

Something is wrong with currency conversion for €  : Pre-order price on Steam = 37,79 € / Pre-order on Matrix = 42,29 € (regular price = 47 € or $ 53.74) ?

P.S. : https://www.gamebillet.com/distant-worlds-2-pre-order 31,90 €

steve58

#103
Actually, I was just now trying to preorder on Gamebillet.  I even signed up since their price was $37.95.

Got to checkout and the price was $39.8?something due to the currency conversion (I believe it was showing pounds, not euros).  So I said 'dongle', canceled the order :tickedoff: and preordered over on Fanatical (whom I have history with) instead for $39.99. :bd:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)