It’s Time to FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2021, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Starting the weekend a little early! DCS, Star Citizen, War at Sea, Onward and maybe something 4x-ish...

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Man alive, Jarhead, that was a freaking great song choice!  Wow, I have never heard anything like that!

Ok, for gaming:  Well, I have both WotS and Grand Tactician brand new and barely touched.  But...I can tell with both of them that some investment of time is required to actually learn how to play them.  That pesky aspect always slows me down.

So for sure, some more Cold Waters with the new mod, and probably something that requires less brain power; Poker Night at the Inventory or something similar.  I'm already blown out, and it's still Thursday night here...   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Order of Battle, Wolfenstein: Youngblood and perhaps Brass Brigade.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

#3
Valheim is eating up my life right now.  People aren't kidding about this being one of the best survival games ever.  You need to design buildings with proper structural support and ventilation so you can have a big cook fire in the middle of your living room and eat like a proper viking, without suffocating yourself in the smoke.  The gameplay and progression itself is quite smooth and satisfying, despite some odd design decisions like locking basic equipment behind boss battles.  This feels like all the best parts of survival games like Minecraft and The Forest balled up and with a LOT less tedium.  Combat actually reminds me a bit of proper ARPGs like Dark Souls.

The resource management in general feels streamlined compared to competing games.  There are not 6 different flavors of wood like Minecraft, or "twigs" used for separate recipes from "tree lumber," which was one of the most annoying parts of The Forest.  The crafting is refreshingly straightforward and I never feel myself getting burned out on the simple task of gathering more materials to continue my projects.  You stack up wood at a lightning pace once you've decently leveled up your woodcutting skill, and once I burn through it all trying to raise some grandiose structure, it only takes me a couple minutes to get a ton more on hand.  Compared to The Forest, where cutting lumber was an unbearable slog that takes absolute ages, this game has a lot more going for it.  And that's not to even mention terraforming, which is a bit tricky to get the hang of, but works quite nice and paired with the good (but low-poly) graphics and lack of minecraft-style blocks, makes for an awesome base building experience.

Also, interestingly, despite this being a "survival" game I don't think there's actually any need to feed your character.  You can go AFK in a safe space for hours at a time and you won't just die of hunger or thirst like in most of these games.  All food does is increase your maximum stamina and maximum health, which makes a huge difference in combat, so you'll want to keep yourself fed constantly.  But if you don't, no biggie.  This is also a very refreshing take on the genre.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

devoncop

Still having a blast with Avernum Escape from the Pit. 54 hours in and around 60 percent done I reckon.

Spiderweb  games all on sale on Steam at big discounts so have picked up Avernum 4,5 and 6 for under 10 pounds and the entire Avadon series of three games for 12 pounds.

Happy days.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on February 11, 2021, 11:00:38 PM
Man alive, Jarhead, that was a freaking great song choice!  Wow, I have never heard anything like that!


I first discovered it in the movie Archive (great song, pretty lackluster film). Its on my party vibe play list. Everything is sexier in French.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dammit Carl!

Having done so well in installing flooring in the laundry room, the Mrs. "gifted," me with a few more boxes of flooring bits to now install in our mud room (even though it has a perfectly fine floor as it is right now - I'll never, ever understand why we have to constantly tweak shit in the house) so I've another weekend of a sore back and knees to look forward to.

Yay.  :(

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on February 11, 2021, 11:00:38 PM
Man alive, Jarhead, that was a freaking great song choice!  Wow, I have never heard anything like that!

Ok, for gaming:  Well, I have both WotS and Grand Tactician brand new and barely touched.  But...I can tell with both of them that some investment of time is required to actually learn how to play them.  That pesky aspect always slows me down.

So for sure, some more Cold Waters with the new mod, and probably something that requires less brain power; Poker Night at the Inventory or something similar.  I'm already blown out, and it's still Thursday night here...   :-[

  Some WotS, some CMANO:CMO or CMO:CMANO, maybe some HLL and some boardgames

SlagDog

I'll be working on a new Age of Wonders: Planetfall start, continuing my Solasta campaign and maybe play a little Insurgency:Sandstorm.

Sir Slash

Rome 2 with the DEI Mod where I am finally closing in on Carthage's last city and Battle Academy, trying to finish the Western Desert Campaign. Have a great weekend Grogs.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: SlagDog on February 12, 2021, 10:46:42 AM
I'll be working on a new Age of Wonders: Planetfall start, continuing my Solasta campaign and maybe play a little Insurgency:Sandstorm.

SD....how is Solasta? I've had it on my Steam wish list for awhile now.

devoncop

Quote from: Rayfer on February 12, 2021, 12:13:26 PM
Quote from: SlagDog on February 12, 2021, 10:46:42 AM
I'll be working on a new Age of Wonders: Planetfall start, continuing my Solasta campaign and maybe play a little Insurgency:Sandstorm.

SD....how is Solasta? I've had it on my Steam wish list for awhile now.

+1

Looks good from afar  but would  also be interested in your impressions.

The devs seem very active in Early Access which is always encouraging.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

FarAway Sooner

Crazy song, but I like it!

For me, it's (hopefully winning) my first game of Shadow Empires played on Regular difficulty against other Major Powers.  Then I'm moving on to do either Wizards and Warlords or my old stand-by, Eador Genesis: New Horizons!

GroggyGrognard

More Diablo III for me this weekend. Having a blast with it.


Stay safe, Grogs!


Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Fetrik

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly has stolen my life last few weeks.

It is a free and completely stand alone mod with a modified and upraded engine that tie together the maps from all 3 games. Lots of fun.