Main Menu

ALEA JACTA EST

Started by Bismarck, August 20, 2012, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

It's a code for "One more thing".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2012, 08:17:26 AM
It is.

So Peter Falk was your mom? That must make Kate Mulgrew your dad.... :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Longdan

I also got Alea Jacta Est for xmas.
It Is Big and Pretty.  Mmmmmmmmm.
All in a period of History unstudied by myself.
The Romans were the toga guys with haircuts
I think.  And everybody else was us.  Yay!
digni enim sunt interdicunt

JasonPratt

Quote from: Longdan on January 02, 2013, 09:06:02 PMThe Romans were the toga guys with haircuts I think.  And everybody else was us.  Yay!

This is by far my favorite forum quote of the year so far.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Longdan

Thank you Jason.  Actually it is Roman Civil War.  But the other part is true.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Nefaro

#216
AJE Patch 1.02 is out:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?27919-AJE-Official-Patch-1-02

Looks like they're also going to be having DLC available in the next few days.  Cantabrian Wars up first.. and then it looks like the First Punic War will be coming after that.  8)



Note:  Being a pre-orderer, with my pre-order installer and all, I got some strange email containing (what I guess to be) an update to the Spartacus scenario for 1.02.  I didn't quite understand what PhilThib's mass-mail was on about but it looks like those of us with the pre-order version will also have to use that file attached in the email, after updating to 1.02..?

jomni

birth of Rome will be out on the 29th of January.  is this an expansion or stand alone?

http://matrixgames.com/news/999/Ageod.travels.back.to.the.Birth.of.Rome

steve58

Quote from: jomni on January 22, 2013, 05:23:47 PM
birth of Rome will be out on the 29th of January.  is this an expansion or stand alone?

http://matrixgames.com/news/999/Ageod.travels.back.to.the.Birth.of.Rome

Looks like stand-alone...

Quote
As a full standalone release, Birth of Rome does not require Alea Jacta Est.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?27995-Birth-of-Rome-Release-Anouncement&p=260813#post260813
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Not sue I understand the strategy of bor compared to Aje.  So these will be totally separate games with their own dlc paths?  Just not sure why bor wasn't released as an expansion versus full game since cant really see any major feature differences.  Seems like this can become a little confusing sort of like when combat mission Italy was released as a a stand alone:)  developers should keep t simple but thinking it likely allows them to make more money.

I would much rather have one core product with expansions versus separate products, especially if not major differences.....I would even be willing to pay the same cost to keep simple:)

mikeck

Well. If you own AJE, it simply adds them as additional scenarios I believe. Or, you can buy it as a stand alone. Similar to scourge of war and its Chancellorsville expansion
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on January 22, 2013, 07:39:03 PM
Well. If you own AJE, it simply adds them as additional scenarios I believe. Or, you can buy it as a stand alone. Similar to scourge of war and its Chancellorsville expansion

Pretty sure complete stand alone unless I missed something in their advertisements.

PanzersEast

#222
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 22, 2013, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: mikeck on January 22, 2013, 07:39:03 PM
Well. If you own AJE, it simply adds them as additional scenarios I believe. Or, you can buy it as a stand alone. Similar to scourge of war and its Chancellorsville expansion

Pretty sure complete stand alone unless I missed something in their advertisements.

Read it that way as well, they stated a New Game from.... The Cantabrian Wars – 29 BC, The Spartacus Revolt – 73 BC is considered the DLC.  I have to say, AJE was one of my favorite games of last year and I still play it a lot.  This one has me baffled a little because an expansion was an insta buy, will it have new features, added content etc(?) that is the question.  Have to wait and see how the pricing is.


PE

Ubercat

I got the Email too and saved the patch somewhere where I HOPEFULLY won't forget it the next time I purge my rig and reinstall everything.

If I'm going to have to fiddle with separate patches for every DLC I buy, I probably won't bother buying them. There's too much stuff to keep track of on my PC as it is. The base scenarios are pretty good.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mikeck

Hmm, not sure then. Doesn't make sense to have people purchase a whole new game everytime new scenarios come out but whatever. Either way , early Roman history doesn't do much for me so either way I'm taking a pass. Hit me with Caesars Gallic wars or the dacian wars and I'm game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson