Author Topic: Company of Heroes 3 - pre-alpha download available  (Read 366 times)

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:15:14 PM by Destraex »
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline Pete Dero

• Condottieri
Re: Company of Heroes 3 - pre-alpha download available
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 01:32:44 AM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1085556368

Playing the Company of Heroes 3 Preview by Quill18.

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 02:34:29 AM »
What do you think Pete?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:36:12 AM by Destraex »

Offline Pete Dero

• Condottieri
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 07:39:32 AM »
^ Actual combat game play looks a lot like CoH2.

I noticed Quill streaming last night but didn't have the time to watch the entire video.  At least not enough to post my opinions about the campaign at this moment.

I was a bit surprised that the first thing I heard about this was your post and minutes later Twitch suggested that stream of a playable game by Quill.

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 06:27:19 PM »
So far the AI does not use tanks much. Which makes it a little easy in the battles I have fought so far.

I notice their is an mixed African American Bazooka unit for the Americans that a huge thread is in progress about on the forums. I have no problem with that. In fact I wish the devs went back to the coh2 commander model and made a commander that turned all your troops into African Americans so you could play the all African 92nd. That way it would be a little more realistic. The debate has made me interested to know what the percentage of African Troops was though. I think 1.2 million African Americans served in ww2, but only a tiny percentage of those were allowed into combat roles. It is hard to find statistics on how many actually fought as front line soldiers. I remember a movie about Hellcat Tank Destroyer units and Artillery units.

Not sure if you guys can see the thread.....
https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-3/forums/1-general-discussion/threads/839-company-of-heroes-has-gone-woke?page=4#post-4573