One Toke over the Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 29, 2021, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Given the state of the world in general, this song seems appropriate.  I'm going to drown my sorrows in BoC work, CMO, and Flashpoints.  And Jim Beam..... :)

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

WallysWorld

Playing Rise of Flight career, IL2-1946 VPmod starting a new DCG campaign and Forge of Freedom.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Rayfer

LOL...great song choice tripoli, haven't heard that one in many decades, brings back some fond college-day memories.  Sitting here staring at my games library with no idea what to play next.  Maybe I'll peruse the Steam sales and pick up something new that's cheap and mindless.  :o

devoncop

Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching  great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.

I never learn ::)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

Been getting back into Distant Worlds Universe with some heavy mods. Forgot how great this game can be, but it does run pretty poorly on modern systems. Also going to dick around with Age of Empires IV which I just grabbed from my MS gamepass. The gameplay doesn't seem to have evolved much, but it is still a lot of fun. Might also play around with Steel Division 2 and there is always going to be time for DCS, although I have been having some FPS issues since the last open beta update.

Happy Halloween y'all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


CJReich46

Quote from: devoncop on October 29, 2021, 01:05:47 PM
Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching  great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.

I never learn ::)

Regarding Gloomhaven? You and me both.   ::) I have been curious about this since it was announced.

I am working tomorrow afternoon to close and Sunday opening. But my game has been Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Game Pass. I really like how the game handles D&D 5e, I've only played 1e - (Big Red on the DM Manual and the Red Box!!)

Some thoughts on it-  The tutorial does it justice, it is a good way to learn this game.  Plus it's cleverly tied into the make up of your party. Each one has the "You won't believe what happened on my way to the Inn!" story, and that's what your tutorial is. Learning how to move objects in caves, crawling, climbing or even jumping. So you have to look around at everything in a "dungeon."  can you climb there, jump? can this column be knocked down? It's amazing. There's even crafting (you can make the potions, scrolls, enchanted weapons and armor.)  I'd recommend it. The new DLC is going to include the Druid and Barbarian classes.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

I played through the first two Max Payne games last weekend and didn't get nearly enough, so probably a bit more of that on the harder difficulties.  Also some Insurgency, Phasmophobia, and Age of Empires IV.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

Continuing to play through Resident Evil: Village. Also may purchase This Land is My Land at the Steam sale and trying hard not to purchase Age of Empires IV before the discounts get deeper. Toying with some Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail as well.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2021, 06:20:46 PM
Continuing to play through Resident Evil: Village. Also may purchase This Land is My Land at the Steam sale and trying hard not to purchase Age of Empires IV before the discounts get deeper. Toying with some Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail as well.

  Sounds Good!  Maybe that and some Enlisted and some boardgames.

Dammit Carl!

Doing oddly and weirdly well in World of Tanks at the moment so I'll keep on with that one - running up the American Medium line and sitting at the Pershing and T69 and the TD line the T25 AT.

If I get the hankerin', I'll fire up Wreckfest and do some hot laps too seeing as the previously mentioned bed-pooping-IP has, amazingly, seemed to have made things stable again.

Huzzah!

Gusington

Meng how are you liking Enlisted?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: CJReich46 on October 29, 2021, 05:10:40 PM
Quote from: devoncop on October 29, 2021, 01:05:47 PM
Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching  great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.

I never learn ::)

Regarding Gloomhaven? You and me both.   ::) I have been curious about this since it was announced.

I am working tomorrow afternoon to close and Sunday opening. But my game has been Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Game Pass. I really like how the game handles D&D 5e, I've only played 1e - (Big Red on the DM Manual and the Red Box!!)

Some thoughts on it-  The tutorial does it justice, it is a good way to learn this game.  Plus it's cleverly tied into the make up of your party. Each one has the "You won't believe what happened on my way to the Inn!" story, and that's what your tutorial is. Learning how to move objects in caves, crawling, climbing or even jumping. So you have to look around at everything in a "dungeon."  can you climb there, jump? can this column be knocked down? It's amazing. There's even crafting (you can make the potions, scrolls, enchanted weapons and armor.)  I'd recommend it. The new DLC is going to include the Druid and Barbarian classes.

Thanks for the Solasta recommendation CJ. That is one I am likely to pick up on sale. It's been on my wish list forever but I think the somewhat kooky character models and stereotypical plot has held me back but you are by no means the first to praise the actual fight mechanics ....and indeed tutorial.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2021, 08:07:47 PM
Meng how are you liking Enlisted?

   I guess I'd like something with a more war-gamey atmosphere.  The Troop did that nicely.  Enlisted is more like a hectic visit to a pre-school just before lunch when some of the children have had
"accidents"...sure its vaguely amusing with a crispy air of urgency, but not for more than half an hour.  Anyway...my interest in Enlisted is dropping fast.

Geezer

Still all in on New World, warts and all.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.

How is it for solo play?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18