One Toke over the Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 29, 2021, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Meng that's probably the best one paragraph review of a game I've read in a while :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2021, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.

How is it for solo play?

I've played some of the content solo, but there are two dungeons so far that are required make progress on the main story and those can't be done solo.  There could be more dungeons later in that category.  If you don't complete them you will not be able to do some of the endgame content.  The crafting is very deep and is probably best done with others so you can share materials rather than trying to do everything yourself.  I rejoined my old guild, The Wanderers, and we're playing on the Falais server which is East Coast US.  It's a laid back mature group and Grogs here would be welcome if you want to play.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2021, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.

How is it for solo play?

I've played some of the content solo, but there are two dungeons so far that are required make progress on the main story and those can't be done solo.  There could be more dungeons later in that category.  If you don't complete them you will not be able to do some of the endgame content.  The crafting is very deep and is probably best done with others so you can share materials rather than trying to do everything yourself.  I rejoined my old guild, The Wanderers, and we're playing on the Falais server which is East Coast US.  It's a laid back mature group and Grogs here would be welcome if you want to play.

I might just transfer over to your server.  I'm currently in Asphodel East Coast US.  The economy on this server is awful and very hard to make big money on.  The people in general are nice though. 

I agree you can do quite a lot solo but to advance your character past certain points they make you play a dungeon with another group of people.  Wish there was a way to do this without dealing with people but I suppose you could play New World indefinitely solo.  You just can't complete some of the story line quests.  Which I'm beginning to see as no big deal to complete anyway.  Plenty other things to do without completing the story.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 08:57:26 AM
Meng that's probably the best one paragraph review of a game I've read in a while :)

  Thanks!  But maybe I'm just tired of multiplayer FPS for the time being.

Gusington

I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!

  MP gaming can be fun, but maybe only in relatively small doses.  At least that's how I feel at the moment. 

Anguille

Cool song!  :bd:

Pretty much like the last 2 months, barely time to do anything but i will play the Halloween mission (only availabe until the 2d of November) in Stronghold Warlords.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!

1 v 1 wargaming MP I now  enjoy a lot,  (such as Feild of Glory 2)....... though still enjoy solo play most of the time ......but I have never got on with co-op style MP ......antisocial old git that I am   :tickedoff:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Many here welcome anti-social old gits, including me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Last night I was lucky enough to find a group of randoms in New World to help me with my main story line quest.  I'd almost given up on ever completing that story mission simply because it was PVE in nature.  The randoms I found last night all had the same goal and after a brief text chat (in game) we joined together and completed the mission.  No talking at all, not even on microphone.  But we all knew what to do and got the job done. 

Maybe I was extremely lucky but I'm so glad to get that one mission out of the way and with a group that I didn't really have to talk to. 

I don't mind MP in general as long as it's a guarantee that I don't have to talk to anyone.  The only one's I do talk to are either known friends or a friend of a known friend.  Otherwise I find that random people you talk to in MP games seem to be overly obsessed with talking about twigs and berries and butts all of which I'd assume not talk about. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Geezer

I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers than ever join a PUG again.  Luckily my old guild, The Wanderers, is playing and it has been much more fun playing with them than trying to solo the game.  Now if only AGS could fix the seemingly never ending stream of exploits...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

al_infierno

Moments of silent cooperative understanding like that are what make online games for me.   :dreamer:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.