Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!

Started by Barthheart, August 28, 2012, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Any of you Grogs in the path of this thing get ready and be safe! :o

bayonetbrant

yep - right at my family again.  sheesh.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

I just got word from a friend that things are looking fairly good. The storm is weakening. I think NOLA should weather it fairly well.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

OJsDad

I hope all are safe that are in the path of this storm, but I hope we get the 3-5 inches of rain they're saying we may get on Sunday/Monday when it gets to NW Ohio.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Talked to my grandmother last night, and they're hunkered down OK right now.  Other family are posting updates on Facebook, so they've still got power / internet for now.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Here's a great satellite photo of Issac from yesterday that I just came across...

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=Isaac.A2012241.1630.2km.jpg

... and here's a more recent photo:
http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=Isaac.A2012242.1715.2km.jpg

I'm reading that Issac is dumping more rain than Katrina  :o

Hope everyone in that area is OK....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)