Tank Squad - WW2 armor and management sim

Started by SirAndrewD, January 10, 2023, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I've been following this one for a bit and it's got a release date for 2023.  Never seen it discussed in a topic but I figured it'd be releative to everyone's interests. 

Apparently this will be a WW2 Armor "Tactical Combat Action Game" that will have simulator elements and an in depth repair/logistical management element.

The devs have compared the Armor sim element to be inspired by Panzer Elite, which instantly raised my eyebrow. 

They've been doing regular dev blogs and updated recently in December, so I'm hoping we'll see this one in our Christmas Stockings and it delivers.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1498130/Tank_Squad/
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Skoop

Been watching this for a while on steam too.  Looks good, kind of reminds me of the tank game from the graviteam guys when they weren't graviteam. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Playway. Looks good though. Fingers crossed.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on January 11, 2023, 06:17:53 AM
Playway. Looks good though. Fingers crossed.

Exactly why I didn't really think to mention it till now. 

With Playway titles I tend to like to wait to see if it's in active development or if it's just a cinematic concept demo. 

In this case it looks like it's actually making some progress, so, cautiously optimistic.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback