Can't you FRIDAY?/ Two Lane Friday

Started by Tripoli, May 26, 2023, 07:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Marshall Tucker Band, 1973

And a little bit of trivia for Memorial Day: The lead guitarist in Marshall Tucker was Toy Caldwell.  Prior to his time with Marshall Tucker, he was a Marine and wounded in Vietnam. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Caldwell

As far as gaming: I'm working on BoC, getting an updated image package out for CMO, finishing up a Combat Mission video AAR (which should be posted in the next couple of days, working on my Battle of Britain AAR, my Rule the Waves 3 AAR, reading the rules for GMT's "Sea of Thunder" and planting Hostas (yeah, I know that isnt' gaming, but it is unfortunately a big part of my life right now.... :cry:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^Did not know that!

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Old World and Imperiums: Greek Wars for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

In anticipation of the SGS games "We The People-New American Revolution" and "Battle for Spain" on the SCW in a few months I have picked up their games " Halls of Montezuma" about the US Mexican War in the 1840's and "Heia Safari" about the WW1 East African Campaign so I can practice the SGS rules.

Got both for just £12 in total so not much of a risk.

So far just played the first couple of moves in the Montezuma game and really like it.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sir Slash

1973 Was when music, and Life, was grand.  :Dreamer:   Many distractions this weekend but I'm gonna try to get a little closer to Victory in WitE 1, but probably will only get a chance to play a little Solasta or Second Front. Have a great Memorial Day weekend Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

Still having fun with New World.  Downloaded WH40K Gladius Relics of War for free on Steam but won't be getting to it any time soon.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Anguille

Just came back from my business trip in Amman, Jordan, where I played some Chariots of war, civ 3 and Ozymandias (with the middle east setting). With this long weekend ahead, I think I will finally manage to play something but I don't know what yet. Imperiums could be a nice option (@Gus).  :Dreamer:

Gusington

^Whenever I take a look at Imperiums I think 'Anguille.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

UA Dreadnoughts - now playing
Probably Shadow Empires (a new game with all of the recent beta updates)
Possibly TW Warhammer III. Maybe they finally patched it into a decent game.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Feels ya on the planting stuff, Tripoli; I've a slew of tomato plants coming in that need to be parceled out to other pots as well as planter boxes that need attention prior to being used.  Not to mention the typical yard stuffs needing attention.  Still enjoy the work, mind you, in an "old man puttering around the yard listening to his music," kind of way.

Think I'll dl "GR: Breakpoint," and add in the "Spartan," mod for some good, ol' fashioned killin'.

Stay safe, folks!

Tanaka

Got a great game of Shadow Empire going right now on a huge planet. Man you never stop learning with this game.

Also TWWH3 as the Chaos Dwarves. Fun stuff.

On the ropes right now as the Confederacy in my SCACW PBEM...

bobarossa

Continuing my WITE2 campaign.  Mid January and Soviets are slowly pushing me back.  I had been fairly conservative in my advance and preserved my strength at the cost of not reaching Kharkov, Orel, Rhzev.  My main adversary is the Blizzard attrition. 

devoncop

Quote from: bobarossa on May 27, 2023, 12:28:06 PMContinuing my WITE2 campaign.  Mid January and Soviets are slowly pushing me back.  I had been fairly conservative in my advance and preserved my strength at the cost of not reaching Kharkov, Orel, Rhzev.  My main adversary is the Blizzard attrition. 

January 43 I assume?

If it's Jan 44 you should walk it ....

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

bobarossa

Quote from: devoncop on May 27, 2023, 12:42:47 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on May 27, 2023, 12:28:06 PMContinuing my WITE2 campaign.  Mid January and Soviets are slowly pushing me back.  I had been fairly conservative in my advance and preserved my strength at the cost of not reaching Kharkov, Orel, Rhzev.  My main adversary is the Blizzard attrition. 

January 43 I assume?

If it's Jan 44 you should walk it ....

Jan 42. 

Destraex

Boltgun - got yesterday and am having fun playing this while talking to buddies
Company of Heroes 3 - creating groups has been a bit iffy of late and so has the in game skin store since the lay offs.
Age of Empires IV - still good fun. I always have trouble choosing a side because I like them all.
Hell Let Loose with da British

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Well Heroes & Generals is no longer online as the developer pulled the plug on it this past week.  I'm still in disbelief after spending well over 3000 hours on the game.  My go to shooter with heavy RPG elements is gone. 

I'm sad...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk