Main Menu

Guild Wars 2

Started by Huw the Poo, September 01, 2012, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

ARGH!  I've misspelled my bloody necromancer's name!  Oh no, what shall I do?  Start again?  Perhaps if I raise a ticket they'll take pity on me and change it. :(

Bison

Check to see if there is a pay to change feature.  Also I'd make a character to reserve the name.  You'd never guess how quickly Bison gets taken in every single MMO on the market.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 05, 2012, 01:21:22 PM
ARGH!  I've misspelled my bloody necromancer's name!  Oh no, what shall I do?  Start again?  Perhaps if I raise a ticket they'll take pity on me and change it. :(

What is your Necromancer's name supposed to be, anyway?

"Huw the Frock" ?   :P

Huw the Poo

Ha!  My necromancer is supposed to be called Arianwyn Y Marw.  However, due to being exceedingly drunk when I made her, she's called Arianywn Y Marw.  I am not happy.

Bison, I'm just going to raise a ticket.  I'd rather create the character again than pay to swap two letters around.

Bison

Hell that took me a letter by letter compairson to see the difference. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on September 05, 2012, 06:04:52 PM
Hell that took me a letter by letter compairson to see the difference.

No kidding.  Bloody Gaelic names!!  *grumble grumble*

:P

Huw the Poo

Haha, I knew you guys would say something like that!  And it's Welsh, not Gaelic!

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 05, 2012, 06:23:24 PM
Haha, I knew you guys would say something like that!  And it's Welsh, not Gaelic!

Same thing!


(you knew I'd say that too!)

Kushan

Started a Human Female Guardian. The visuals are some of the best I've seen in an MMO in a long time. The skill system is really refreshing as well. I like having the game automatically switch skills when I switch weapons and not having to do it myself.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 05, 2012, 06:04:52 PM
Hell that took me a letter by letter compairson to see the difference.

+2

However, I don't blame you for wanting the name the way you want it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 05, 2012, 06:23:24 PM
Haha, I knew you guys would say something like that!  And it's Welsh, not Gaelic!

Don't Welsh speak Gaelic??? or is it just in Scotland?

Staggerwing

Welsh isn't Gaelic. They are both Celtic languages though. Welsh is a P-Celtic language and Gaelic is Goidelic Celtic. The two languages came to the British Isles at separate times, IIRC one from what is now France and one from Spain.




Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 06, 2012, 08:15:35 AM
Welsh isn't Gaelic. They are both Celtic languages though. Welsh is a P-Celtic language and Gaelic is Goidelic Celtic. The two languages came to the British Isles at separate times, IIRC one from what is now France and one from Spain.

That is a highly fascinating bit of information that I am not at all surprised someone knows on these boards. I am also likely to immediately forget it upon leaving this thread, but not because it has no value. I just am not sure my brain has any more room right now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 06, 2012, 08:06:34 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 05, 2012, 06:23:24 PM
Haha, I knew you guys would say something like that!  And it's Welsh, not Gaelic!

Don't Welsh speak Gaelic??? or is it just in Scotland?

IIRC, there's Welsh Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Scots Gaelic (? don't think that's known much anymore?), etc.   Lots of varied dialects left over, all very regional.

I once heard some radio show do a skit with someone cursing in Irish Gaelic and it sounded hilarious.

Huw the Poo

Well thanks for clearing that up while I was in work, chaps!

For the record, Welsh is an absolutely beautiful language (when spoken in the right accent, at least) but it's excruciatingly difficult to learn as a second language.  Sadly, it isn't spoken much these days outside of a hardcore in Wales.