What a Long Strange YEAR it's been

Started by Tripoli, December 31, 2023, 09:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

A little late for the normal friday thread.  However, very appropriate for this year:

Me?  Not much gaming.  Trying to get the description package for CMO done.  Also, running the Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm Christmas tournament for Fight Club. We are getting some  good professional-level AARs in this tournament, and will hopefully get them posted in the next month or so.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

Indeed a strange year.  Found No Man's Sky on sale and loving it.  Also had 3 cystoscopies which I didn't love.  Here's to a better 2024!   :Party:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

glen55

Perusing game of the year articles, I see a lot of love for something called "Alan Wake 2," which was completely not on my radar. Anybody know anything about it? Is there anything a groghead might like?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Pete Dero

I don't have Alan Wake 2 but reviews go between really great and a walking simulator.

For gaming I am returning to X4 Foundations and I might try the Everspace 2 demo.

CJReich46

Against The Storm - It's currently on Game Pass. I've been really liking it. I'm currently level 7.

I'm also playing Pillars of Eternity - not bad really liking it. The exploration and the whole vibe is really interesting. Very dark. I can see why this was so well hailed.

A couple weekends ago I gave Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a shot, and it wasn't bad either. So my sigh backlog list grows.

Happy New Year and hope you all had a Merry Christmas too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

Been putting a lot of time into Aurora 2.5.0. Still have no idea how to design a good military vessel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Playing through the Call of Duty WWII campaign with some Order of Battle and Destroyer: U-Boat Hunter up next.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Didn't get to play much over the holidays but did get some PBEM's done and I have Next War: India-Pakistan on the table.  Yesterday gave Farthest Frontier some more time

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2024, 09:18:28 AMBeen putting a lot of time into Aurora 2.5.0. Still have no idea how to design a good military vessel.
LOL! Know how you feel.

Spent New Years with Covid. Had it a year ago. So much for being up on all my vaccs and boosters. Way better now, may even game some!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin