Ride of the FRIDAYS

Started by Tripoli, May 24, 2024, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

With Jarhead salivating over the DCS OH-58 module, I thought this would be an appropriate topic for the Friday thread.... :evil:  Me?  BoC work.  USA Fight Club work.  Restarting my "Rule the Waves 3" AAR.  Valiantly fighting off the urge to purchase the DCS F-4E module, but quickly weakening.

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Ghost of Tsushima, Shogun: Total War and perhaps some more Age of Empires IV Mongol campaign or even a skirmish as either the Mongols or Japanese. Assassin's Creed: Mirage waits in the wings impatiently.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Exactly! Now I'm torn between the OH-58 and the Lead Sled! It is a marvel what Heat Blur has accomplished with it. Sets a new standard for modules.  The new features for the F-16, F/A-18 and Apache are also calling to me.

So, yeah. A lot of DCS and probably some Men of War II, Homeworld 3 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

Also have to spare some reflection for Memorial Day and it is also my oldest daughter's 11th birthday. Yep, she was actually born on Memorial Day.  :Iwoflag: 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Playing mostly Humankind and Star Trek infinite.Have a great weekend.

Gusington

How are you liking Humankind these days?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 11:08:49 AMHow are you liking Humankind these days?
I actually never played it much so far and am learning it right now. I think I have all the dlcs installed. Like all the games from Amplitude, the artwork is beautiful. I lost one game on a small map and am playing a new game on a huge map. Still in the exploration phase with two cities. Always a lot to learn with these games and I am really enjoying it so far.

Gusington

How fleshed out are the eras? Do you enjoy the 'build your own faction' parts of the game?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

There will be workers and resources soviet republic 

Regiments, and war game red dragon and terra invicta

I'm waiting for the fixes to manor lords to come out of beta before trying that again

Having really nailed down what I like in pc games I find my back catalogue is  full of games I never gave the right amount of time to so am enjoying a trip down old game lane

Redwolf

Thinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on May 24, 2024, 05:45:50 PMThinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.

The show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

With the siren song of 7DTDgoing full release soon, I put that one back into rotation for a bit - just to get refamiliar with it if anything.  Otherwise, the other siren song of Red Dead 2 has been heard and after sitting untouched in the library for a quite a smidge, I finally am officially rooting and tooting to a degree.

And in an unexpected turn of events, my Daughter has asked me to perhaps run a D&D game for her friends/co-workers. I said sure but via play-by-post as in my experience prior to my gaming group breaking up many moons ago, there are fewer things more difficult than grown-ups with separate lives getting together in consistent fashion for any length of time at any place outside of church (imho).  We'll see how this goes.

Now, off to make focacia!

Sir Slash

Fighting a nasty cold along with cat-sitting for family so not much time for games this weekend. Have a great one Grogs.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Star Citizen
Company of Heroes 3
WARNO - released now
Homeworld 3 potentially - Here is the review https://grogheads.com/review/21339

Chris Roberts?

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

Galactic Civilizations IV with the Warlords DLC.